ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What car after the Cup

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 21 June 2004
Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 21 June 2004
How about an ITR
For the wife?! A little hardcore really...

Guess im just thinking about what ill get next heh.. okay how about a nissan micra ?

Yaris Hybrid

For R32 money you can get a VX220 Turbo and that blows the lot of them away around a track.

Ive driven one and it was quite comfortable, had enough pointless luxeries but not too many and it doesnt leak or break down. The ride is perfectly good for normal roads too.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 21 June 2004

For R32 money you can get a VX220 Turbo and that blows the lot of them away around a track.

Ive driven one and it was quite comfortable, had enough pointless luxeries but not too many and it doesnt leak or break down. The ride is perfectly good for normal roads too.
are we talking about the same car, a vx220 is bearable in the comfort stakes and it a pain to get in and out of for everyday use. It is a very hard ride as it is designed for the track and from what I remember doesnt have any luxuries apart from a radio and a dashboard?

yes its a fantastic car, but not really for everyday use, the r32 or the frs would get my vote

Yaris Hybrid

"from what I remember doesnt have any luxuries apart from a radio and a dashboard?"

Nah your thinking of the Type R mate!

Quote: Originally posted by talizman on 21 June 2004

Basically, the Golf is a non-starter, cos I have no intention of spending 22-23k on a bavarian tank. ;) IMO, they are bland, uninvolving and fail to set my hair on fire.

The Focus, I cannot fault really. For around £18k, examples can be got now.

Some folk are still trying to sell them for £24k :eek: which is £4k over list!!!!!

Bottom line, the car must have similar performance to the Cup, and be 3 door, and good looking.

I think the Focus is leading the pack at the moment!

My thoughts ENTIRELY!! I rest my case.

Focus it has its weeknesses but its to good to ignore it has to be the best

Then the Mini

The R32 is a bit to big and expenisve for what it is IMO.

Definately an FRS, my brother has one and its built so solidly, the gearbox is just lovely, absolute solid thing compared to my shabby gearbox, although that was heaps better than his old 106 rallye which was so loose after many years. The FRS handeling will sh*t on a lot of cars, its just awesome. Has she not thought about the Megane RS? Although id still say go for the Ford, the only bad point is it can be misstaken for a normal focus at some angles, but that adds to its stealth.

Mini, no point really unless your really into looks - and females are really into that sort of stuff...

R32 - not bad - just a bit tooooo overpriced for my liking

S2000 - not much better than a cup, although interesting engine in the vtec zone

How long before she/you makes a decision? Good luck in what you get, but you wont be dissapointed with the RS.

big red bus

Too Many post to read, so if it hasnt been said yet, a Nova Merit ;-)

or a Honda civic Type-R ;D