ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What car to get next?

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
I'm 18 with one years no claims and was wondering if anyone new what kind of insurance quotes people are getting for 172, or if there are any young owners?

Insured with admiral multi car which knocked a grand off the insurance compared to my mate who had the identical car :)

Also does anyone know of any other cars that are fun to drive without being ridiculous on insurance?
Been looking at a glanza V aswell because my mate got a decent quote on one last year when he was 18, anyone had any experience in one?

Thanks alot :)

why don't you wait until you have 3 years NCB and you will be around 21 when insurance premiums drop. insurance will be affordable on a fast/sporty car then.

Listerine & Poledo
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-ins-grp-tax-on......&highlight=insurance+tax

as fo other cars, yes, plenty of good cars out there, but being 18 you WILL get bummed by insurers.

Word of advice from someone who's paid all their own insurance, tax, servicing, repairs and sticker-prices: Just keep the cheap clio for now, until you've got enough NBC's under your name to actually get a decent quote, not just a "I can actually afford that" quote. Simply because after you've finished paying 200 a month in insurance, what have you got spare to get that driveshaft/exhaust/broken springs replaced.

Alternatively, ignore all that, circumvent the rest of the thread and just buy a BMW 330c

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Better off looking at something warm, MG ZR/S.....ZS Fiesta?..... Type S Civic? How much you got to spend?

172's will RAPE you, dry.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^They aint though, very very good drivers car imo, I loved my gf's!

Mk1 Focus RS
i'd say a zetec s to. i had an imperial blue Mk 5 at 19 and owned it for two and a half years up until end of december when i got my 182.

very enjoyable car, quite nippy and handle very well. only downside i'd say is rust but for around 1800-2000 you can pick up a minter.

there group 7 as well so not too bad on insurance.

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
Been looking at a Astra 1.6 sxi coupe, look quite nice for the money.
Wanted a 320d 2004ish but for my budget it's all 100,000 miles!
Would love a civic type r but insurance is a killer!
Was looking at the 1.6 zetec s tdci a while back, they look pretty good :)
Cheers for the feed back :)

Mk1 Focus RS
yeah the zetec s tdi are very nice car and with a remap will run around 130 hp iirc, mate of mine had the petrol one and he enjoyed it

what sort of budget you looking at?

Would just wait mate i was the same wanted to upgrade but wait it out and in the long run it will work out better instead of spending out now.

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
Yeah I heard when there remapped there pretty good, really good on fuel aswell :) Looking to spend between about £3500 and £4000 on the car.