ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What case are you getting for your iPhone 5?

ST
4ybuse3u.jpg

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
My pinlo slice three arrived. Got the wrong colour,

84c3493337708b94973473c390fe383c.jpg

f0d07655216358039a416882bfc282a6.jpg

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
It's thin. If I'd had paid more for it I would have been vexed. Had to get the scalpel out to cut off the edges. It's not the best fit either.

Need a black one as this looks odd. Black wouldn't look like it had a case on it. Bare minimum protection, I'd feel better if my satin speck candyshell was here.

An orange one
I just can't get on with these hard plastic cases etc,

Naked with chips, scuffs and dents FTW! ;)

It's thin. If I'd had paid more for it I would have been vexed. Had to get the scalpel out to cut off the edges. It's not the best fit either.

Need a black one as this looks odd. Black wouldn't look like it had a case on it. Bare minimum protection, I'd feel better if my satin speck candyshell was here.

Same prob here, fit round the sides is pretty bad on the wifes black version. The 4s version fits so much better.

Need a case that covers top of phone. Any suggestions? Was looking at case mate tough but maybe a bit bulky. Misses has dropped her phone and its chipped and looks so bad.

MINI FJCW
You really cant beat the ones on Ebay for £2 all in. 0.3mm, identical to the Pinlo Slice & judging by the comments it actually fits better.

On my white iPhone you can barely even make out theres a case on it.

M140i/Orange 182
I'm on my Second Incipio Feather for my 5, as the coating on the first one started to peal at the edges and sides (think it may of been mentioned previously in this thread). The seller instantly sent me a replacement and all has been good so far.

Anyway the feather fits really nice and tight, feels good in the hand and is very thin!

Recommended.

I'm on my Second Incipio Feather for my 5, as the coating on the first one started to peal at the edges and sides (think it may of been mentioned previously in this thread). The seller instantly sent me a replacement and all has been good so far.

Anyway the feather fits really nice and tight, feels good in the hand and is very thin!

Recommended.

Mine did the same, took it back and swapped for a Switcheasy Nude. More pack-ins, more phone coverage (all sides) and cheaper. Win

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
My Speck Candyshell Black turned up today.

Really pleased with the fit, quality, level of protection etc.

Bargain at £12.07.

Because its gloss it will scratch over time.

4a88ff6e9a1873483a4943ce75801a57.gif

b19a484ceea58f8afd89cbd747dae458.gif

e3bf109181d7e0ca656a79038aac2320.gif

Last edited:
  ST
I'd be conscious of lint, pocket dust etc getting between the case and the bezel etc the way the bumpers did on the 4/4S with that type of cover.

DB.

BMW 440i
Al - I had this on my 4S but it was too thick IMO, this seems thinned down a bit, may consider it when mine starts looking battered!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Al - I had this on my 4S but it was too thick IMO, this seems thinned down a bit, may consider it when mine starts looking battered!

I never bought a speck for my 4 but this is quite thin so they may have slimmed it slightly.

For the price it's great, I'm pretty happy with it. The fit is perfect.

It will scratch in no time (the white will be better) and isn't the grippiest of cases but will offer plenty of protection.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I got fed up of my Belkin today so threw it out and got an incipio feather as that's the best the apple store had in. Fit and feel is good, coverage on the top and bottom edge isn't brilliant though.

Still better than the manky Belkin thing

DB.

BMW 440i
I never bought a speck for my 4 but this is quite thin so they may have slimmed it slightly.

For the price it's great, I'm pretty happy with it. The fit is perfect.

It will scratch in no time (the white will be better) and isn't the grippiest of cases but will offer plenty of protection.

i had a white one and they don't hold up better! My dads black one was more scratch resistant than the white one, well it hid them better anyway!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
i had a white one and they don't hold up better! My dads black one was more scratch resistant than the white one, well it hid them better anyway!

Oh that's surprising.

At £12.07 each you can afford to buy a couple :).

They're around £42 delivered on the Speck website.