ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What CD player for up to £250!?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hello... my current Sony CDP-XE270 kept skipping so I gave the laser a good clear out and it worked fine for a number of weeks. However it's now refusing to play copied CDs, and even normal CDs aren't playing much and when they do there's a gradual roughness to the music which gets worse and worse, basically... unusable as it is. Guy at work into electronics said the laser is on the way out, time to upgrade!

I hate the fact that whatever I get is not going to match (I have the Sony TA-FE370 amp as well) but eventually I guess I'll upgrade that too. So... what should I be looking for? I've had a look around the net but I'm asking here without saying my favourites as I'd like to see unbiased recommendations. Cheers ;)

Oh hi-fi! xD

I would say buy a Cyrus, but i don't think you can't get anything with Cyrus wrote on it for £250 :(

How i'm not the 1 clued up on Hi-Fi in my family, however they are both good makes. I would imagine Marantz will be the better one out of the 2.