ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what chip for the 172

Do renault do any superchips ?? something that will not invalidate the warranty on a 172 ??? if not what is the best external company to go with and what kind of £££ and bhp increase could i expect ????

Col

An external ECU dastek/ unichip etc will give abywere between 5 and 15hp but since they can be remaped time after time with new maps to take advantage of the mods you have done there much better value than superchip/rsport ecu IMO.

An external ECU will cost you about £250 and the a proper remap done on a RR is another £250 but you need to go to a specialiat who knows the enigne as it has some unusualy characteristics.

You can superchip the car for ~£425 but the maps can be seem by Renault dealership (although they wont bother realy looking) but when you sell the car you cannot sell the remap on unlike an external ECU.

EDD

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

I thought superchip for 172 is £225 + vat?

£425 may be for a clio dci as its got a turbo!

Quote: Originally posted by msa172mk1 on 28 February 2004

I thought superchip for 172 is £225 + vat?
£425 may be for a clio dci as its got a turbo!
Your probably right us DCI owners get ripped of just because we need a boost maps done.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

You could also go with a Perfect Power SMT6...basically the same as a Unichip but more mapping points, and you dont have to take it to a Dastek dealer to sort out problems...in fact you can even map it yourself with a laptop and the free software from the site...

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

oh...as far as power goes...Andy GDI got a 12hp increase at peak power and a shedload of extra midrange torque