ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what cloths do people use??

i tried to use one of them microfibre clothes on my old car and it seemed to put swirl marks all over the bonnet.

on the 182 i just use rags from work
we get them in big packets and i pick out the stuff that feels decent n bring them home n polish the car with them. seem to work fine to be honest.

106 GTi
To apply polish and wax I use the Yellow Meguiars type Foam pads.

To remove Pakshak Microfiber Towels.

r-jay said:

them foam pads are what i use for applying. i like them

might order some p21s and some microfibre towels then.
they definately dont induce scratches like the one i had seemed to?

blue perl and tropical breeze (I think it's called :S) microfibre towels from Autopia.

06 Ibiza FR + 02 Clio 1.2
the one i went in was by pc world, id imagine both sell them,
not tried it yet,
p.s saw u today just coming out of halfords / b&q car park flashing ppl across, i was at work (b&q)

ST
r-jay said:

Don't you find the yellow megs pads a bit harsh....i preffer the terry cloth applicator pads....

I dunno why but i've always had a tendency to bite sponges since i was a wee boy....:eek:

ha! yer i take it easy over those lame excuses for speedbumps

popped in for some autoglym engine and machine cleaner, vinyl and rubber care, and some meguiars wax.

16vClio said:
Don't you find the yellow megs pads a bit harsh....i preffer the terry cloth applicator pads....

I dunno why but i've always had a tendency to bite sponges since i was a wee boy....:eek:

you're just plain weird!

erm, the yellow applicators i bought in the pack of two seem more harsh than the slightly larger pad i got when i bought the gold class liquid carwax..

06 Ibiza FR + 02 Clio 1.2
pic

Attachments

• DSCF1223.JPG
    DSCF1223.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 100
  106 GTi
GuyS said:
whats the diff between the ones saying ultra, and th eones saying ultra plush on that top link?

The ultra plushes, as in the name a more plush, have a deeper pile on one side.

As a guide on my car sad as it sounds I have different towwels for different Jobs.

Normal Ultras - Polish and Sealant removal, fine nap easily wipes of haze
Ultra Plushes - Quick detailing, soaks up the QD well and the deep nap draws any lose dirt away from the Paint.
Ultra Fines - Very soft, final wipe down when the cars all done.
Sonus Buffing Towels - Very soft and plush, ideal for Carnuba Waxes like P21s

106 GTi
16vClio said:

I find them okay, only really use them for waxes and sealants as other products are used by PC. Plus they fit into the wax post so well.

I have some Microfiber applicators, but they soak up and waste lots of product in use.

clio 182 black /gold
I only pay a £1 for mine. Im gonna sound thick now but how do you clean them? Just bung them in the washer?

Octavia VRS
Megs Wash Mitt
Megs drying towel
Foam pads for applying polish/wax(Megs I think)
Megs Microfibre cloths

106 GTi
Leeshez said:
I only pay a £1 for mine. Im gonna sound thick now but how do you clean them? Just bung them in the washer?

Either hand wash or in the machine here.

Dont use fabric softner though.