ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What coilies

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Right guys. After some advice of what coilovers you guys are running

Your post is very vague....

What car do you have (172/182/172 Cup/182 Cup) ?
What's your budget?
Are you just after low's or something functional?
Do you want adjustable damping?
Track work or just road?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Do not buy Spax, I've lost 3 of 4 springs since April this year through corrosion, they do not warrant them either only the shocks, utter shite.

Budget is open but i want something of at least half decent quality as i want to sit the 182 a little more level front to rear as to load a bit more weight over rear. It sits on apex springs and uprated shocks but sits nose down ass up a little. Its a daily so some sort of comfort would be great

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You've got budget - Vmaxx. Midrange - Bilstein or BC. And top end - AST

Then there's Weitec, FK, AP, Spax, GAZ. Reasonably priced but not something I'd go for. KW are decent but if you're paying out for the V2 then you may as well get AST

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
We do the BC's for £770 supplied and fitted. Come in 172/182 and 182 Cup fitments.

I run a set myself and the MeganeSport owners love them to.

Mick

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I thought Cooksport where/are doing a set for 1k?

they arnt the normal coilovers tho.
those ones use a seperate rear shock, and a spring that still sits on the beam with a height adjustable platform.
so in reality, its coilovers front, and a height adjustable spring on the rear for the £1k kit.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
those ones use a seperate rear shock, and a spring that still sits on the beam with a height adjustable platform.
so in reality, its coilovers front, and a height adjustable spring on the rear for the £1k kit.

That kits more of a comparison to the KW v2's

It isn't. The 995 kit is a coilover front and rear. http://cooksport.co.uk/product-ASTSportline1Coilovers.html

ive just ordered a set, main reason for me is they are rebuild able. My car currently has spax which i think are leaking. If I buy a new set of non rebuild able coilovers then I will be shelling out 2x£600+ over the next two years.

Last edited:

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I believe the BC are rebuildable too, they are also monotube like the AST but the BCs have bigger diameter, stronger shafts akin to the AST 2s. Larger range of spring rates available too.

Not saying the AST aren't worth it but the BCs are very well priced for what you get compared with the rest.

I'd always be a bit scared of this happening

photo-3.jpg

A similar thing can also happen to the ast's will upload pictures when I get to the garage!
tbf I'm sure most manufacturers have had failures. If you think of how many thousand are sold, that one that fails gets a lot of attention now with the Internet.

Will Be interested to see the ast pic tho!