ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What colour? Help me out!

Hello all,

I am new here and am looking to buy a 182 FF with cup packs. The only dilema I have is which colour to choose :S It will be kept completly standard.

To be honest I dont want silver as someone who lives near me has it, yellow is to rare (therefore expensive) and orange doesnt pop up much. So it has come down to three:

Black
Artic Blue
Racing Blue

Its a very heard choice so help me guys :cool: Justify your choice with a picture aswell!

Thanks!

Classic Mini Cooper
Ive just sold my pearlescent Black 172, and black is an arse to keep clean and it shows parking dings and scratches etc very well, but in its defense when cleaned and polished up, looks luurvverly!:)

inferno1.jpg

cup 182 mit stripes
I am biased but Christopher is correct, and with the added good taste of white rollers.

The only time I dont like racing blue is in the bright sun (from what I have seen in pictures)! The colour looks a little plasticy?

LY 200
To be honest mate out of the three you've metioned black/gold would win everytime.

Racing Blue's nice enough but i think its one of those colours that you could go off of in time. Arctics just, well, just blue and common which imo makes it the most boring 182 colour of all.........Id stay clear of that one. ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
seriously jack, view one in the metal...if you haven't already

it's a stunning colour

chicks dig it too

LY 200
I just love the shade of blue arctic is kind of subaru blue

Exactly my point mate, i can think of two other blues on different common cars straight off the top of my nut, mondial (172 cup blue) and as you say subaru blues very close too and theres other similars out there.

You name another common car where you'll find a similar colour to liquid, inferno, racing, petrol or even black/gold!? There all pretty exclusive to the latest Clio/Meg sport range which makes them more appealing imo.

Civic Type R EK9
MG TF has similar to liquid!

As i said maybe common but doesnt make it bad!! Could be good that it doesnt stand out so much more like a normal clio ie sleeper!!

SLK 350

The only similarity Subaru's midnight blue shares with Artic Blue is that they are both Blue. They are however completely different.

Fo the record, i'd go for Racing Blue. Demands more attention than Black/Artic/Silver but less than Banana/Infartno. And it has heritage within Renault.

SLK 350
Quick compared to what? A 1.6 Focus?

Depends how you define "quick", for a hot hatch in standard trim the 172/182 holds it's own, but quick? Not so sure.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

The only similarity Subaru's midnight blue shares with Artic Blue is that they are both Blue. They are however completely different.

Fo the record, i'd go for Racing Blue. Demands more attention than Black/Artic/Silver but less than Banana/Infartno. And it has heritage within Renault.

yeah, it has the heritage too. the only colour that works with stripes too:cool:

Civic Type R EK9
Umm as fast around a track as a stock turbo 2000 impreza, golf vr6, corsa redtop, 205 mi16 all quick cars really i class anything under 10 seconds 0-60 nippy, under 7 FAST or QUICK and anything under 5 supercar.

SLK 350
Anything under 5 is a supercar? Right...so an Elise is a supercar as opposed to just a quick car?

Not looking for an argument over what's quick mind as it's very obviously subjective. But for the record I'd class anything under 6 seconds (with 4 wheels anyway) as being 'quick'.

I guess riding a bike I'm spoilt :)

Civic Type R EK9
Theres no elise under 5 for starters thats the exige as yes its a supercar paced car on accell. Quick involves handling too just put a impreza like a turbo 2000 round a track against a 182 there under 6 and 182 will be with it. Which makes the 182 quick.

SLK 350
Theres no elise under 5 for starters thats the exige as yes its a supercar paced car on accell.

Wrong!

An Elise S2 111R or a 190 will do sub 5 seconds.

Think you need to redefine your "supercar" category too, supercars are sub 4 seconds chap - It's an elite club.

As I said, I've no desire to argue with you over your claims of a 182 being 'quick' that's your opinion, having owned an RS I think they're pretty average given the amount of sub 7 second cars around now, but that's my opinion.

If you think it's 'quick' then just wait until you meet a proper quick car, 16 second quarter mile isn't too impressive, the fact that their a good track car is something else all together given that 95%+ of peoples time is spent on the UK roads.

Civic Type R EK9
16 seconds try high 14's low 15's also according to stats even the 190 is bang on 5.0 seconds anyway off to bed now.

SLK 350
Ok off you go in your quick little car :)

FYI Book stats on the 190 is 4.8 seconds, which still makes your statement factually inaccurate.

LY 200
MG TF has similar to liquid!

As i said maybe common but doesnt make it bad!! Could be good that it doesnt stand out so much more like a normal clio ie sleeper!!

Maybe not bad then but certainly not different.

Errrrm, if your talking trophy yellow (didnt know there was another) then that could'nt be more different at all, for starters its flat and doesnt flip in different lights.

The yellow your on about is more like the one used on the Fiat coupe 20v turbos in its normal stance which is more yellow than the goldyness of liquid.

Renault clio 182
wahay another buyer :approve:

I just bought my second car a Racing Blue 182 and it is the best colour they look so much better in the metal and get so much attention but if you dont want the attention go for black or artic blue somthing like that :approve:

"The Hoff" lets leave it now mate! This topic was created to find peoples opinions on colour not how fast the car is. Also a quick car to somebody may not be a quick car to somebody else (depending on what you have driven before etc).

Back to the topic guys. Thanks for all the replys so far, remeber justify with pics :rasp:

LY 200
Back to the topic guys. Thanks for all the replys so far, remeber justify with pics :rasp:

Ha...Sorry manner i never justified my choice but i did say black/gold out of the three you were asking about. As you can see by Rich's pics its a beutay of a colour.

Some Liquid action. :D

Picture136.jpg

Picture090.jpg

In the sun

Picture076.jpg