ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do i do now... heater panel cable snapped.

Clio II dci
While following a guide to remove the heater panel on a clio i encountered this below:

What do i do now? afaik you cannot replace these cables and even if you could it would involve many hours of labor and be pretty expensive... i had already bought a used panel for 30€ and i feel stuck becaude this is my daily driver and i don't want to assemble it all broken if there's a fix.

I can't find a similar situation online am i unlucky?

b8eae07a002a7911255ec80999fd6074.jpg
b3f7c700cc7591432358273d01c2a11c.jpg
4cc5007728616a8c6b9b9bccd77d31f2.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Clio II dci
I follow the cable and it leads me to the photos below...

Can anyone take a picture of their working system, it's the passenger side behind the center console.

Mine's a clio II PH II 04 manual panel with AC.

I've managed to unstuck the cable but it still doesn't feel 'good enough'...

Thanks
38034228bc36fffd455f7624d4ffb765.jpg
46e58036ac8f9d6403e9724ee7fbb872.jpg
d2cf5c4d0d4676b4535f009fa690c7d4.jpg
6be8f647ced2a6e40898a94dbf6ee1b1.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
You could buy some brake cable from a bike shop and feed it through the outer that's there now. You'd need to find a way to crimp it together to make the end loops though. I doubt you'll be able to buy a cable from Renault and to replace the cable as it is would probably require more dissasambly of the car. If it looks like you could feed a replacement cable through easily are there any scrap yards you could get one from?

Clio II dci
You could buy some brake cable from a bike shop and feed it through the outer that's there now. You'd need to find a way to crimp it together to make the end loops though. I doubt you'll be able to buy a cable from Renault and to replace the cable as it is would probably require more dissasambly of the car. If it looks like you could feed a replacement cable through easily are there any scrap yards you could get one from?

See my update on post #2, apparently the cable is not 100% at fault, the manual spinning wheels are part at fault since i had to unstuck the bottom one manually and they seem kinda loose, so idk if replacing the cable would help because i've straightened it best i can and it still won't go easily, and by hand the wheels also don't turn easily... so i may be out of luck.

Again, i'm not really sure the cable is 100% at fault, tomorrow i'll do some more tests but turning the wheels by hand it tougher than should be.
Wish me luck.