ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do people spend on their cars ?

Clio 182 cup
I had a 207 gti that I spent like 10k on in 2 years in that time it needed. Timing chain, new tubo, oil feed pipe x 2 at 500 pound ago, main rear seal, clutch,head gasket, and all your usual crap I was stupid enough to take it to the main dealer every time.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Just about to spend more on a LSD and gearbox refresh than I did on buying the Clio. That’s the cheap track car I don’t use often. I know how much I’ve spent on it in total and it’s embarrassing.

But today i’m annoyed as I spent £32 on a heater fan resister for the Mrs 2015 Mini Countryman. FFS that’s £32 away from the Clio fund! Anyone would think she drives the children around in it or something.....
😂 this is me. Counting pennies on everything’ apart from the track car where it appears to be exempt

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Bought the Cup thinking it was just gonna be for a bit of fun and cheap....... Something went wrong cause its into 5 figures and still going.... [emoji2363]

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Spent about 3k on servicing & gen maintenance for the V6 over the last 5 years / 5k miles.

Front end needs some tlc so will be in for paint at some point before summer.

Planning on spending around £500 on the trophy to get it exactly where I want it.

Hopefully I’ll be able to sell it for what I paid in a couple of years [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Bought my Clio in May and have spent what I paid for it on a full service, suspension refresh, Miltek Zorst and wheel refurb. Probably should have bought a minter instead but I find that far too boring! Lol

Clio Williams 3
plus it save us spending it all on drugs and hookers.

ive got 8cars sat on my driveway just now all are fully road legal, why have so many? why not. do i drive them all? hardly ever as im usually working or driving the work van. so again why do i have them and why do i spend so much money on "objects" that sit around? because like most others on sites like this i enjoy it, i enjoy cars, and when i get the chance i enjoy driving them, although the increase in police presence in our neck of the woods has taken the enjoyment out of driving and even at legal speeds!

mainly we're here for a good time not a long time so why the hell not, @Gouldy if you're into bikes then fine i have friends and family that are bike people some are both bikes and cars one of my best mates is into both and spends a fortune on bikes and cars. why? because he enjoys it as we all do.
I think you have summed it up perfectly here and I completely agree with you

Clio Williams 3
btw like many others on here my answer to the original post is - far too much. I dare not add it up!!

As previously mentioned though cars are our hobby, are thing so its what we spend our money on that gives us enjoyment

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
I will happily chuck £100 - £300 a month doing preventative maintenance on the old girl... so at a guess 1 - 2k a year before TAX / Insurance.

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah dont add it up...

1578330111142.png

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Oww.. Are we counting washing and detailing as well?

In that case I might have spent more on detailing equipment than on car parts.. Another one of those hobbies..

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, I've heard helicopters aren't cheap to run either. And a bugger to keep clean.

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
I counted as much as I could, I was most surprised by safety equipment. When I got the car, it had a bloody show cage in it which I (foolishly) didn't check - who puts a show cage in a track car. So in went a full SD cage, fitted by Mark Fish. Also included in there is about 2k of racewear, then seats, harnesses, fire extinguisher, cut offs, other stuff. I also had no tools. And really like going to trackdays. This is over about 18 months.

However I've probably spent the same going snowboarding over the last decade as well.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's a very valid and relevant point. There is no arguement because you cannot argue with statistics/ facts.

Sure you can.

For example you can't get a number of casualties per mile travelled for pedestrians because that data doesn't exist.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely never add it up but when I was going through all the paperwork to get it togther for when this sells im easily 30k+ Inc the car in the Megane [emoji24] that's not even really counting running costs.

E92 isnt that bad, yet...
21768059c549dd4974e78376b9ffec4d.jpg

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I’m not even going to participate in this, not even worth thinking about..