ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do these sensors do?

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
Evening all,

What do the 2 sensors do pictured? I think they are airbag related but not sure. As I am about to remove all the airbags I don't think I need them but not sure.
In front of had brake
IMG_3580.jpg

picture share

In front of gear stick
IMG_3581.jpg

image uploader

Cheers

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
t me know please mate

My cup didn't have the top one but it's traction control releated afaik, yaw? Bottom one is the airbag module with the obd2 socket behind it

Cheers, I would guess you are right with the top one as I couldn't turn the T/C light off after I disconnected it. As they are not that important I think I will move them to a more prominent position cable tied to the makeshift dash :tongueout:
IMG_3593.jpg

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
Quick after thought. Do you reckon that the Traction control sensor is mounted in the middle of the car for a reason? could there be a G sensor in there? Don't want to move it and get problems

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
its also a road car so don't want a s**t load of warning lights coming up lol. I will leave it in place but unplug it, then it can be plugged back in for the MOT to get rid of the warning light :smile:

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
I thought any warning light on the dash was a fail under the new MOT rules (might not have come in yet)