ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what do we hate on clios?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
well google it mate for i dont have any experience in them just seen and heard them for chav people you not think
They sound very chav, but i can convince my mate to buy almost anything car related. Hes got a dixy horn ffs.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
so you like your m8 going about a wee banger car sounding and looking like a tube
He started it with the stupid big backbox, just makes me laugh now.

I told him to do tastefull mods but he still insists on doing stupid things. His car could look so good too, if he had got better wheels, lowered it, a nice normal sized exhuast, sorted out his bodywork but instead he seems to want to chav it up :(

clio sport rs 200
i know loads of people like that and drive like there car teh fastest thing ever and will beat evos and when i had my 350z them and scoobys you just need to laugh at them for when 1 pulled up loud as adn i was in my 350z seen was a corsa laughed he tried to pull away was tata pal was hilarious they think they rule the road

S4 Avant
i know loads of people like that and drive like there car teh fastest thing ever and will beat evos and when i had my 350z them and scoobys you just need to laugh at them for when 1 pulled up loud as adn i was in my 350z seen was a corsa laughed he tried to pull away was tata pal was hilarious they think they rule the road

Dude, you're going to have to put some commas in there, it's really hard to read.

Clio 172 RS2
Try disecting it for easier reading!
The chavs also accelerate for 10 metres before slamming the brakes hard at the innercity / crowded high streets.
That's wheely kool! All the while thumping music and steering with one hand.

Gotta' love those antics! Pukka motoring...

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra

grammartime.gif

evilb66

ClioSport Club Member
  '02 172
OLLYC90,
a message from australia.
you are a massive tool.

i race a clio, and it is way faster than any RWD in the wet. end of story.
i regularly win motorkhanas outright. why. because RWD cant apply power and handbrake at the same time.
in the dry my corner speeds are faster than almost all of the RWD.
FWD is also better on dirt, ice and snow.
and besides, FWD drivers get the joy of laughing at F*&^wits like you, wonder boy

clio sport rs 200
OLLYC90,
a message from australia.
you are a massive tool.

i race a clio, and it is way faster than any RWD in the wet. end of story.
i regularly win motorkhanas outright. why. because RWD cant apply power and handbrake at the same time.
in the dry my corner speeds are faster than almost all of the RWD.
FWD is also better on dirt, ice and snow.
and besides, FWD drivers get the joy of laughing at F*&^wits like you, wonder boy
i totaly agree i have had 4 wheel drive front and rear the 4 is the best but the arguement here is the rear is better is not for wet weather you cant apply any power in corners or spin out , found out in bad experience , front a tad understear in wet but easyier to control and is faster of the line depends on the weather but front wheel better than rear on normal day to day driving

Oh dear, people arguing about FWD versus RWD. I dont know what planet you lot come from, but on Earth where i am from, RWD has been the industry standard for fast race cars since the wheel was invented.

FWD is now better thanks to technology that prevents torque steer and wheels spin, but i dont think any engineer would put FWD on a car out of choice when the option of RWD was there to be taken. What we tend to see if FWD mass produced cars being turned into fast road and rally cars and technology being applied to cancel out all the known inherent disadvantages of FWD.

RWD is difficult to drive on snow and ice and FWD cars are easier. But who buys a fast car to go racing around in snow? On tarmac, the RWD will always be a better option all thing being equal.

I dont know why so many people are in denial on this forum. We own a cheap mass produced FWD FRENCH cars. For the money we paid they are great. But lets not get carried away about engineering falacies. RWD will always be a better way.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I thought that ^^^^

But not being that well up on the subject of FWD v RWD i didn't want to be the first to comment :rasp:

Clio 1.2
must say i have a 1.2, fair enough i do look a bit chavy with my back box on loud as f**k
but av never heard of this spark plug thing, but mine pops and bangs like a c**t anyway :S

Clio 1.4 RT
because RWD cant apply power and handbrake at the same time.

I'm no longer arguing about fwd vs rwd, I don't need to as at least one other person agrees with me, that's good enough for me.

Instead I'm wondering why you would apply the handbrake and power at the same time....

If it's to drift then RWD cars are even easier, you just step on the power and out the rear end comes. In future save your handbrake cable and just lift off the power as you come into the corner, that'll shift your weight forward and step the back out then hard on the power to control it.

But hey if you were a racer I guess you already know this.....

Clio 172 RS2
Why argue? Just make yourself happy and buy a Clio V6... Rwd sorted!

I don't get your point on a Clio RS forum?