ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what do we hate on clios?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Pull the carpet back. It's easy - I'm up your way soon (probably in the Vee) and will lend you a hand if you like?

haha i dont know why i didnt think of that :eek:

yeah definatly will have to meet up! chance to compare stupid bodykitted clio's ;)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Yeah!

And it really is that simple - stick your hand down the (rather soft on the inside) carpet and the little screw in there is the same as all the other Clios. Twiddle it out and the light unit comes out and the bulb holder can be removed to change the bulb. First thing I did when I bought mine! (And the Trophy, and the 182).

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Sport
Washer jet LEDs
Sport badges on non sports
Sun strips that contain the words "Clio" or "motorsport"
F*ck off subs in the boot
Fog lights that stay permanently on
blue sidelights
Chrome

Oops!:rasp:
Only if my headlights are on though, does that still count??! haha

And if I may add to the list :
ANY mods that scream "I just walked outta the 90s" or "I'm a sheep";)

Basically any chavvy mods. The new one seems to be Audi & Porsche 'christmas tree' lights, they are awful. Also sometimes the simplest mods are the best, subtle, less is more & all that.

Obviously ignore the Laguna powered Clio owners ;) (I have one btw)
Addz - I think I know when we're not wanted.

Wheels over 16"
Bodykits
Laguna Engines

Go on, what else. I promise I won't take (much) offence!
Evening !:D

Ph1 vee has 17"
Ph2 vee has 18" - Chavvy if you ask me
I much prefer the 18's. On the mk2 I also like the way they sit better in the rear arches. On a mk1 they don't look as nice & then mk1 always looks like it needs spacers.

Better than yours. C*nt.

And if I may add to the list :
ANY mods that scream "I just walked outta the 90s" or "I'm a sheep";)

No, they're still wankerlights.

I hate my 1-series enough to drive at the next person I see with foglights on. Be warned!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
last time i stuck my hand down there i burnt my fingers on something hot so didnt bother trying again :D

Better than yours. C*nt.
Not supposed to stick it in the engine bay! And yeah - this one's important too so can ban haters!

S4 Avant

Still counts, even more so tbh. £30 pound fine if your caught with your fog lights on in clear conditions.

I much prefer the 18's. On the mk2 I also like the way they sit better in the rear arches. On a mk1 they don't look as nice & then mk1 always looks like it needs spacers.

I'm just out to wind the body kit brigade up ;)
I think they suit 18s as well

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Sport
No, they're still w**kerlights.

I hate my 1-series enough to drive at the next person I see with foglights on. Be warned!

Ouch:eek: Glad I'm not from your neck of the woods!:p
It gives us girls a wider view and a chance to see any rabbits before they try to make us swerve.. maybe that's just a girl thing though:D..

S4 Avant
It gives us girls a wider view and a chance to see any rabbits before they try to make us swerve.. maybe that's just a girl thing though:D..

Tbh... I stick full beam on whenever I see fog lights. Can't stand it.

Better than yours. C*nt.

No, it's utter b****cks. Your fog lights light up the space about a foot from your car, maybe three at best. By the time you're doing more than walking pace, if you spot something in the light given by your foglights then you'll hit it. Guaranteed, 150,000%.

Rubbish excuse for trying to prove that you've not got the basemodel!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
t**t lights do my head in, and sidelights with t**t lights really piss me off! just put your damn lights on you tool... grrr

Clio 1.4 RT
Big engines, why have a 2.0 in a hot hatch. 'Look at me in my FWD car, I can't put any power down and I understeer like a b**ch' yeah very good, thanks renault.

Rear engine is good though :p

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i think they make it worse when its foggy too! just makes the fog dead bright in front of you

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Big engines, why have a 2.0 in a hot hatch. 'Look at me in my FWD car, I can't put any power down and I understeer like a b**ch' yeah very good, thanks renault.

ever been in a 182 ect? only struggle to get the power down if you pull off every set of lights by dumping the clutch and keep your foot flat round every corner to get understeer!

S4 Avant

I quite like my 2 litre hot hatch. It manages with the power, and handles like it's on rails.

Clio 1.4 RT
It's nothing personal to clios, I don't like any car with unuseable power and loads of understeer. I've seen so many 'red-topped corsas' wrapped round trees in my area

MG ZR+ 105
no one has mentioned head light brows yet ;)

anyway i was told they were shite so i got dual optics on the way now :)

Clio 1.4 RT
Yeah it's unuseable, you leave all your rubber on the road when you pull away, plus you can't go any faster than the speed limit anyway so unless you got on track days there's no point IMO

If it was RWD then the weight shifts backwards as you pull away giving MORE grip not less

Evo 6, E92 320d

Guess you've never driven a 172 then.

Clio 1.4 RT
Experience doesn't mean sh!t it's simple physics, you only have so much grip on a fwd car so a big engine is pointless.

If you think your 1*2 is good try a real car with RWD you'll be suprised

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It's nothing personal to clios, I don't like any car with unuseable power and loads of understeer. I've seen so many 'red-topped corsas' wrapped round trees in my area

Seriously, who the fuck is this guy??

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
if a 182 and a V6 were on a track at the same time my money would be on the 182 to be honest, same car but switched round right?

Clio 1.4 RT
As you begin to move forward the weight shifts to the back of the car making the front end go light and the wheels loose grip.

If the driven wheels are at the back the weight pushes down onto the wheels giving more grip....

I can'tmake it any simpler than that