ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do/would you use your iPad for?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I know this may seem like a silly thread but im generally curious.

I'm trying really hard to justify buying the new iPad 2 next month but i'm not sure what i'd use it for other than a fancy toy?

So my question is this... What's the main purpose for your iPad?

Everything. My laptop hasnt been on in months, only reason i would use it is for ipod, ipad and photoshop.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Browsing CS. YouTube. Social Media. Watching TV shows. Watching films. Sending emails.

It does 80% of what I use my MBP to do, but does it silently whilst you're sat on the sofa.

They're awesome.

90% of the time I use it for browsing the web. At the moment it's getting a lot of use searching the Right Move app.

The iPhone is too small to enjoy surfing, and the laptop is a pain to boot up and have sat on your lap.

Like the iPhone it's always on, sat on the coffee table, and can be used in bed, in the lounge or having a crap.

It really fills the gap nicely.

I basically used mine for browsing, youtube and email.
I then sold it as I wanted a MBP, because my laptop was knackered and I wouldnt be able to use the iPad to do work.

2.2 bar shed.
TouchOSC, and general media intake. Oh and using it as a portable picture book to show off work to bitches.

Mk5 golf gti
i bought an ipad yesterday as the price fell

cant beleive i didnt get one earlier

i love it and its so simple to use

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Browsing the net
Email
A limited amount of typing
Watching TV in the kitchen
Watching TV in the bathroom
Listening to the radio in the bathroom
Reading (magazines)
Games

That's about it really. I do prefer firing up my MacBook though, as I really like using it. I won't be upgrading to an iPad2 and when my iPad eventually breaks, I can't see me buying another one. I do like the iPad, but since I bought a Mac I don't use it as much as I had though. When I had my Windows laptop I did use it all the time.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll use it mainly for web browsing. I have a MBP at home but most of the time I cannot be bothered booting it up so I use my iPhone instead. The iPad will make this a better experience.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Browsing CS. YouTube. Social Media. Watching TV shows. Watching films. Sending emails.

It does 80% of what I use my MBP to do, but does it silently whilst you're sat on the sofa.

They're awesome.

My only issue with one is that you've got to ***** about getting them off of your laptop, just to do this, time you could have spent watching them on the laptop, no?

Unless you're going on a train somewhere or something obviously.

My only issue with one is that you've got to ***** about getting them off of your laptop, just to do this, time you could have spent watching them on the laptop, no?

Unless you're going on a train somewhere or something obviously.

Depends if you got VLC before they pulled it from the App Store.

I just chuck AVI's at it :approve:

Never above 25mpg
Gamestation had a preowned 16GB iPad in the shop window unboxed for £379.99 today, did ask if they would reduce it but they said no.

It's a program that plays all formats. So basically you just add any normal avi file into it, then your iPhone/iPad/iPod will play it.

But it was removed from the App Store for whatever reason, so it's no longer available. You'd need to jailbreak and then find it which isn't the best solution.

Just get a conversion program on your MBP.

Mk5 golf gti
Gamestation had a preowned 16GB iPad in the shop window unboxed for £379.99 today, did ask if they would reduce it but they said no.

i got mine from apple

just so i could walk round with the bag and look cool

im an Apple convert, couldnt justify the ipad2 for now

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Just download the film you're wanting to convert. It's a lot faster in my experience.