ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you hate about your Clio?

Focus ST170
THe fact that my gear gaitor clips have just snapped for the second time in 9 months and now i can almost see my gearbox falling apart underneath it...

French FTL.

1.5 Clio Dynamique
1)no c.d. player
2)the angle of the rear seats when theyre folded down (might aswell keep them up)
3)cant keep it clean
4)windscreen wipers wipe the wrong way
5)and accidiently knocking the lights off when switching from full or dipped beam or knocking the fogs on when going from sidelights to dipped

S4 Avant
The seats don't go far enough back, (I'm 6"5) but when they are right back I find myself having to hunch to reach the gear stick = serious back ache

Inexplicable rattles in the dash seems to be a common one and mines no exception

The fecking exhaust, that comes apart/falls off every other week

the amount of money I'm throwing at it to sort all these little niggles

White clique
I hate the negativity that my 197 attracts from other fellow 172 and 182 owners at times, we are all meant to be in the same family remember!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
  • Locations of both the dipstick and oil filter.
  • The top of the front suspension designed by Stevie Wonder - on his day off. Shockingly basic and naff.
  • Seating position not good for anyone around 6ft tall.
Which is all totally forgotten on a decent bit of open road. :)

D.

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
im 6ft 1 which makes it a bit small for me and having the seat right back means i have to lean forward to change gear.The dipstick is small and pathetic and the oil filter can be an arse to change. i did the aux belt and tensioner myself. it took the same amount of time to do that than a cambelt on a v6 tdi passat. i also hate the fact that people park next to it. if you see a 182 straddling two parking spaces then its mine!!:rasp:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Dipstick is fine, never have a prob getting that, it's the brake fluid thats in a stupid place.

1.2 Dynamique
Plastics are dark blue, not black. Wipers are wrong way round, seat too high, melting steering wheel, slooooowwwww (1.2), no a/c, creaky sunroof, rattles, im 6ft 1 so head gets banged getting in and out and i have to sit in the back seat to drive it, apart from that tho!

Agree! plastics dark blue...wipers....steering wheel....slowww (1.2)...sunroof aaaand my drivers side window STILL doesnt work :(

172 ph1
s**t seating position - too high
no adjustment for steering wheel reach - car's designed for a chimpanzee with long arms and short legs
clutch is too hard - Z4 with a lot more power has a clutch 1/2 as hard and a lot easier to modulate
- throttle is cable operated - again, lack of smoothness
lots of small noises
- steering wheel material is total s**t

Last edited:
  182trophy & Williams
one and only thing, solenoids when you have the wipers on intermintant, but that isn't that bad really, either press harder with your right foot or turn the tunes up.love ma trophy:)

Trophy #490
At first, the heavy clutch, but you soon get used to it.
At the minute I hate the scratchy plastics around the handbrake, the doors and that horrible looking glove compartment lid. Would love them done in Alcantara or something nicer.
That is all though, I love every other thing on my Trophy to pieces!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
i hate the annoying extra wipe the wipers do after using your squirties. and round abouts when too fast for second gear but to slow for third. HEAT SHIELDS renault fit the b*****ds properly. i think thats it.

Currently hate;

1/ Feels like it's about to fall apart - exhaust, engine mounts.
2/ Constant howling noise from above the windscreen at 120mph+
3/ Seatbelt takes an hour to retract.
4/ Suspension creaks on full lock.
5/ Steering wheel has melted.

b/g 182, meg tourer
Currently hate;

1/ Feels like it's about to fall apart - exhaust, engine mounts.
2/ Constant howling noise from above the windscreen at 120mph+
3/ Seatbelt takes an hour to retract.
4/ Suspension creaks on full lock.
5/ Steering wheel has melted.

yeah because you drive at 120mph everywhere :rolleyes:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
i hate the annoying extra wipe the wipers do after using your squirties. and round abouts when too fast for second gear but to slow for third. HEAT SHIELDS renault fit the b*****ds properly. i think thats it.

I like that feature. I think its useful and its actual proof though has gone into the car.

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
I like one to lock, one to unlock, like my 306 and civic, the small 1 opened the large one locked. very handy no bother at night. just ment if i was walking away and thought i hadnt locked it i just had to push the button.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
the mahoosive bus sized steering wheel - not girl friendly! & the crap turning circle which means 20 point turns!

the fact that new tyres cost £149 :(