ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you love about your renault sport?

for me i have to say the engine growl and how it puts my passenger to the seat when i put my foot down i love it...and when i wash it i can't help but look it when i park up.

Titanium 182
I love my 172's stance and how responsive and (surprisingly) solid it feels to drive.

I love my 182's exhaust and the fact it's bright orange.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Getting out of it and into the the vectra lol. I did love everything about my old blue ph1

Cupped 200
The Face of the old fart on the overtaking lane in his BMW after entering the motorway at the same time, with him straight going to the outter lane in expectance to leave me in is exhaust gases.

Well. apart from such things... the grin in my face which i always get when goin a bit faster than the normal citicen does :p

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
how everything just happens exactly how i want it to when driving. Drove on some country roads last week, never drove on it and followed the tom tom's map, best fun i ever had! Turn when you want, power when you want, so much grip. Mate in the passenger seat who is a die hard jap and vauxhall fan (therefore a clio hater) even appreciated it.

Next on the list...Wide track :D

Just hate the french build quality! lol

Did love;

• Quick.
  • Cheeky character.
  • Ability to stick with more exotic metal on track.
  • Cheap running costs.

Didn't love;

• Massive steering wheel and very slow rack.
  • Body roll.
  • Fragile build quality.
  • Instability at high speed.

Positives.
- The handling, power delivery, grip and immense pace it can carry through bends.
- The sheer fun of driving it.
- The fact it can outperform a vast array of significantly more expensive cars.
- The MPG when pottering.
- General running costs and ease of maintenance.
- Subtle Appearance.

Negatives.
- Interior rattles.
- The standard seating position.
- The standard steering wheel.
- Not driving it.

182 Full of Fat
5K revs in 2nd gear always tops everything IMO.
I went from a 1.4 to the 182, so having power in every gear and not having too change gear every 30 seconds is a plus for me!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the fact that someone else owns it and i only get to read about it when it breaks on facebook, and it doesnt cost me a penny to fix :p

yet i still get to steal the keys when i see it haha

Clio 200
The fact it has its very own personality. 1 day it will rattle away & not really feel great & the next day its perfection with no rattles & lots of fun to drive lol

DMS

A thirsty 172
The noise.
The cheapness of running it.
The look of disgust from old people.
The predictable handling.
Teh boost.

Iceberg 172
I love the way it's a bit of everything.

It's fairly quick, handles well, comfortable, quiet when you want it to be, great economy (which I wasn't expecting!), smart looking, very subtle.

I think it's a really good all round package.

S&K

182 cup + Elise
Only use my car at the weekend and have a company car in the week, so its great to get out of the Peugeot 308 hdi and into the 182 for a blast. Love the way it handles, great for a FWD car, love the feedback from the car and is so chuckable, great lift off oversteer ;)

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
The fact it does everything i need. Economical, easy to drive etc. Love the fact its pretty rare, handles well, sounds great, and the thing i wasnt expecting from a newish car (to me anyway, always been early 90's hot hatches in the past) is the fact it feels pretty special to drive, and has something special about it. And its pretty pokey, which suprises a few people!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh come on Rory you gti sounds better than that 2.0 lump.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Cheap to run??? Good engine noise? If you like the sound of stones in a bean can.

Getting bored of mine, want to change but nothing fits the bill. I guess I love the way the engine pulls at high revs and hanging off the arse of far more expensive cars.

PH1 V6
its ability to outperform more expensive "sports cars" and the look on peoples faces when they realise they have been owned by a Renault Clio lol

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
As said previously, great fun to drive when you want it to be : handling/performance, comfortable when needs be, economical on long journeys, 6 cd changer :)

2002 172 cup
I love:

not looking like a poser with lots of spoilers and carbon hang on's (evo owners how can you park up without feeling embarrased)

power when i want it - economy when I want it.

ragging around a round a bout sitting steady on my coilovers and a big BMW wallowing about in my rearview mirror.

it not being as stealable as its not that flash looking.

it when people say thats a nice wee clio your driving and I put the foot down and unleash hell.

it finally because it reminds me of my nova fitted with a red top I had in the 90's. (and yes I know Im an old git)