ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you think is the best glass cleaner?

Toyota Corolla T3
From your experience, what do you reckon is the best product to use on the interior of your windows?

I'm sick of thinking I've got a spotless, smear free screen only to drive off and find kinda greasy looking smears all over it - especially when I'm driving towards a low sun in the morning. Its driving me mad!!!!

RS 200
^^ Ditto, AG Glass Polish & AG Fast Glass (Spray).
Use the Glass polish for proper deep cleaning every month or so then fast glass in between, both with a Microfibre cloth.

Chris

Chocolate Bar™
i love the megs glass cleaner, but then use AG glass polish on the outside to get a nice shine

106 GTi
AG Glass polish for exterior/outside glass deep cleaning.

Inside any old glass cleaner my friend can get me from work and a MF, all much of a muchness IMO.

I use AG Glass Polish. But can get concentrated industrial glass cleaner through my dad as he has worked in the Double Glazing industry for over 20 years. You are supposed to water it down, but i use it neat, and its like when you walk into a glass door, as its that clean you cant see it, lol.

106 GTi
Sounds like the stuff I am using David - a freind gets me, he works for a Glass Company.

Megs pro glass cleaner, slighty better than NXT glass cleaner and at £15 for 55Litres (diluted) its bloody good VFM

3 Series xdrive
AG car glass polish on the insides - totally smear free windows(also good for windows/mirrors in your house)

RAIN-X on the outside of Glass to create the bead effect(takes alot of buffing off, so be ware. I have found good old kitchen roll is the best to use for buffing that stuff off) you should only need to apply this stuff every 6/8 weeks as it lasts for ages(windscreen may need done more regularly)

There did used to be a product called "Rain Wizard" came in a bottle shapped like a vibrator but i dont think they make it any more, as i havnt seen it for sale anywhere for a few years, shame because it gave the same results as rain x but much much easier to buff off.

R35 GTR
My girlfriend, because she uses AG glass polish and I somehow managed to use AG super resin polish .

106 GTi
I just use whatever wax i am using on the car on the glass at the same time for the same effects as rain X

106 GTi
How do people find AG glass polish on internal glass?

My main reason for not using it is it stinks the inside of the car out.

Rich said:
How do people find AG glass polish on internal glass?

My main reason for not using it is it stinks the inside of the car out.

I use AG Glass polish on both inside and out. I find you have to put it on very very thin or it dusts really bad. I apply it with a foam pad, put don't put much polish on.

Overall AG is my favoured glass polish:)

The best way to use rain-x is couple of coats on glass let it dry 15-20 mins then sprinkle water on glass then buff dry with paper towel , job done.