ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what do you think to my prototype homepage?

Italian 3.2 V6
below is a prototype for my 1st website homepage, i have made it on photoshop

View attachment 31398

thoughts comments welcome, i want it to be basicly perfect as its going to be my 1st website, please criticizes on criteria, colours, font etc etc anything, criticism is the way forward! if can be improved then it will be!

Last edited by a moderator:
  DCi
there is a looot of text and as willst said, very pale. I would be clicking the next link before I read all that!

but nice and tidy, good stuff!

As already mentioned, the font needs to be darker.

Looks tidy, but more colour and images are needed, looks like an article rather than a website.

Remember, SEO is key also :)

Italian 3.2 V6
ok good, i think i was too into it that i could see the faults like "not being able to see the woods for the trees" will change the text colour and shorten it down also add a photo or 2 see what i can do. what about the colour scheme (brown, blue, white and grey) do you think they suit?

thanks btw!

Italian 3.2 V6
ino pic is a tad random but anyway.., shortened text, added pic, mirrored sub heading and darkend paragraph text.

opinions now please

View attachment 31399

..would you be impressed or disappointed with it if u were a customer inquiring

Megane 225 F1
i take it the website has something to do woth photography. yh if i came to this website it would catch my eye. still to faint to be able to see exactly what is there

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
no need for top and bottom options tho tbh.
and needs to be easier to read.
heading is stunning and colours are perfect would certainly keep that.

Italian 3.2 V6
ok lol, got rid of bottom options and darkened the text further also giving it a very slightly shadow effect to enhance the text abit more.

is this to standards!?

View attachment 31400

Cupra
I am not a fan of the text shaped around the photo. The page has quite a clean style aside from that.

The pic would be better off inside a simple frame of some sort with straight text beside it. IMHO.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
It's simple which is nice.

Personally I think the text colour would be ideal if it were between the 2nd and 3rd variations (too light/too dark lol).

If you need any help with the HTML/CSS side send over a PM would be happy to help.

172 Cup SOLD
Problem with creating an entire page in Photoshop is it'll be rendered as an image online and therefore for search engine submission and keywords while searching nothing will be found.

Personally I'd put a few graphics in and design the rest using CSS and make sure its fully W3C compliant (http://validator.w3.org/)

Italian 3.2 V6
so here we go, fourth version with solid pic and witht he text i just got rid of the shadow effect..

View attachment 31401

better than the faded in picture?

Italian 3.2 V6
Problem with creating an entire page in Photoshop is it'll be rendered as an image online and therefore for search engine submission and keywords while searching nothing will be found.

Personally I'd put a few graphics in and design the rest using CSS and make sure its fully W3C compliant (http://validator.w3.org/)

well as this is just the prototype it wont actually be done as a solid image, im going to be slicing it up and putting the text and links etc all in on dreamweaver so it cut up abit for things like search engine etc, one thing i do want is it up on google which is were 60% business would come from i would imagine.

Italian 3.2 V6
It's simple which is nice.

Personally I think the text colour would be ideal if it were between the 2nd and 3rd variations (too light/too dark lol).

If you need any help with the HTML/CSS side send over a PM would be happy to help.

well as its my 1st attempt at a website help would be a massive help to me, so thank you for the offer, i will take you up on it. but wont be just yet l8r on in the week or next week as i need to finish all the pages an sort them out on dreamweaver etc and make sure all the grammar is spot on

Ultra Red Clio 197
being a freelance web/graphic designer myself I really not fond of it yet im afraid.. although it wouldnt take much to fix.. to be honest its too blurry/faint still and as other have mentioned there is still far to much text... split it up over other pages. I also dont like all the shadows on the header and menu! I dont have time right now to give proper feedback as im already running late, but this is my site rossmcilwaine.co.uk.. its in serious need of a revamp but lets you look at my work, as the work of others always interests me. I like things to be simple/minamilistic etc so maybe its just a clash of our styles! look forward to seeing it perfected as you'll never get it right first time!

Italian 3.2 V6
hmm ok interesting comment m8, but dont worry i love criticism, for me its the way forward, always room for improvement in every aspect! but like you say i think there could be a slight clash of personal styles lol. but non the less your site is looking very good, impressed. how long have you been in the business?

i must agree there is alot of text, maby its to do with the centre piece is the wrong rez, its currently 800 pixels wide, could always widen it and make it 1000 pixels, this should make the text not feel as intimidating :S

Italian 3.2 V6
ino so did the person i got to read thru it at mine, il b on it straight away, i always forget about the I s lol :(

DCi
well another thing to add to the whole 'I' thing is that your link is 'about us' then you use 'I' you are either an one or the other!

I know that's not design per se but I just don't like to see company websites that pretend they are one and flick between the 2.

Italian 3.2 V6
well another thing to add to the whole 'I' thing is that your link is 'about us' then you use 'I' you are either an one or the other!

I know that's not design per se but I just don't like to see company websites that pretend they are one and flick between the 2.

no no i relise what u said, i wasn't thinking when i wrote it, i am going to change it to "about me" "contact me" and so on.

14' Leon Cupra 280
Lot of work still to be done tbh. There is a lot of wasted space in the header, 300/400px height before any real content, lack of visual content (espcially if you're good in photoshop, show it off).

What's your full time job at the moment?

Italian 3.2 V6
Lot of work still to be done tbh. There is a lot of wasted space in the header, 300/400px height before any real content, lack of visual content (espcially if you're good in photoshop, show it off).

What's your full time job at the moment?

currently unemployed :( which is why im trying to set up a website to see what i can make from it :) if anything :S

tbh its meant to be plain and simple yet neat n tidy.. could easy fill it but dont really want 2.

n the process of major text cutting, trying to shorten it right down and re-arrange the page.

Italian 3.2 V6
What font will you be using for the normal text? (not images text)

ideally i would like to use Garamond. but if not available then not sure, a font that is as close to Garamond as possible, if i can find one. if not then something that suits.

Renaultsport 220T
For someone who is a graphic designer the typography is horrible

As well as layout/design.

Not meaning to sound harsh, but what is your experience to date as a graphic designer?

If typography is your weak point, your stuffed!

Italian 3.2 V6
i dont actually think it looks 2 bad, plus it is just a prototype to get peoples views... i am going to have to re do each bit on a bigger scale to get best quality