ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you use, now that adblocker has sold out?

What extensions do you use now instead of adblocker? I don't understand how the new owner expects to make money from an adblocker that doesn't block ads lol

I heard about uBlock Origin, but it looks quite intrusive

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
What extensions do you use now instead of adblocker? I don't understand how the new owner expects to make money from an adblocker that doesn't block ads lol

I heard about uBlock Origin, but it looks quite intrusive
I use uBlock, it works fine.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I wonder what websites you use to need this? I don't use any add blockers on anything I never really notice much TBH.

Listerine & Poledo
I don't use any ad-blockers and have been able to not only survive, but also not click on the adverts.

Reactions: DrR
  Listerine & Poledo
It's not about not clicking on them. It's about security, and decluttering everything. It's free and once you do it you never go back.
Given how large swathes of the internet is funded by ads, I don't mind.
The only time I've used them is when roaming overseas, when I don't want 1/2 my mobile data used up by ads

Listerine & Poledo
Oh right.
Nah, I just ignore them. I would say it's what you get when you're getting free content, but when Sky demand you fork over £50 a month for channels which are a minimum of 15 minutes of advert time per hour, I see how that is a failed argument