ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What do you use your ipad for?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Browsing the App Store and seeing some prices of some apps (£50+, one was £700!) kind of made me realise what these are actually capable of, and here I am just dicking around on it because its more convenient than my laptop.

so yeah, do you use it to its potential or just for the net and games?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Finding websites that teach you how to make casts.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I know of certain companies which use iPads preloaded with software which connects to the stability systems on ships in order to test them and run diagnostics.

Mine hardly gets used! I love it too much to get rid of it as when i do use it it's great but having an iPhone and a laptop near me most of the time makes it sit on the side.

When i do use it its only used for web browsing and watching catchup tv at work. I don't really take advantage of it.

Use it at work if I need to browse the web to find solutions for things. At home I use the Photoshop Navigation App a lot as well as iMockup for web design.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
f**king hell! What's the £700 app?

I only use mine for the Internet, nothing else.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I use mine a lot for uni s**t, journals, accessing the uni system, running windows, reading. Then if I'm at home just tv, movies, tapatalk, and viewing photos.

Probably quicker to list what it's not used for. 99% of my web surfing, nearly all of my gaming, but as for stuff beyond that...

- Allotment Design/Help - Using Garden Plan Pro as we have an allotment but no clue, had a remarkably good first year using knowledge just from the app!

- Photo Editing - Literally all of it now, mostly on Snapseed (which is free)

- DJing - With the DJay App and a Vestax Spin 2...

8291645740_57e58ce373_z.jpg

Vestax Spin2 by Harry_S, on Flickr

I have a Mac Mini and it's rarely switched on, mainly now used to book Odeon cinema tickets (can't pick seats on the iPad!), backup my photos and mess about with graphic design (I find it too fiddly on the iPad)

133/225/CLS AMG
To be fair I use my iPad for nothing more than fannying about. I have not constructive use for my iPad at all.

I use Tapatalk, e-mails, web browsing and reading Evo interactive magazine which is awesome!!!

Focus ST-3
Mainly use it for the internet, games and iPlayer etc, but I also use TeamViewer a hell of a lot to remotely control PC's and also Plex to stream all my media to my iPad.

S3, Polo
Internet browsing, games, child entertainment, music tinkering (Figure and Garage Band), note-taking in meetings, schedule management and sometimes taking an output to a projector for internal presentations from Keynote.

Mine's pretty-much replaced my notebook (an aging HP DM3-1111sa).

Though somewhat irritatingly, I still need the notebook for sync/ file conversion duties (I use Handbrake for converting my digital movies to iPad-compatible mp4).

You use an app for that mate? I've considered one for this exact reason
I use Microsoft OneNote atm, as I find that the best for me. A lot of people use Evernote iirc.
But yeah, both are equally as good. Syncs up, so I can write up on my iPad at home, then bring it up on my iPhone at work etc. I imagine that it can sync up with my iMac too.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm currently creating an asset list for a site, the ipad has saved having to write things down on paper, then copy onto computer after, and it eliminates my band handwriting and allows me to use copy and paste. All with a free spreadsheet app.

Boss.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'm currently creating an asset list for a site, the ipad has saved having to write things down on paper, then copy onto computer after, and it eliminates my band handwriting and allows me to use copy and paste. All with a free spreadsheet app.

Boss.

Shane it doesn't eliminate your bad spelling :eek:

Edition 30
FLOP @ Shane!

I use mine for browsing, facebook, certain games (vice city etc..) & general time passing.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I use mine for browsing, a few games, Plex for streaming to my Apple TV, LogMeIn to control my media PC that sits in the loft, I use a Wake on lan app to turn on my media PC, I write my shopping lists

Alsorts really. I've actually sold my laptop now because I wasn't using it!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Probably quicker to list what it's not used for. 99% of my web surfing, nearly all of my gaming, but as for stuff beyond that...

- Allotment Design/Help - Using Garden Plan Pro as we have an allotment but no clue, had a remarkably good first year using knowledge just from the app!

- Photo Editing - Literally all of it now, mostly on Snapseed (which is free)

- DJing - With the DJay App and a Vestax Spin 2...

8291645740_57e58ce373_z.jpg

Vestax Spin2 by Harry_S, on Flickr

I have a Mac Mini and it's rarely switched on, mainly now used to book Odeon cinema tickets (can't pick seats on the iPad!), backup my photos and mess about with graphic design (I find it too fiddly on the iPad)

You can pick seats on the iPad btw.

Goliath I
Mostly surfing really.

Didn't think they were that waterproof?

Use mine for everything Internet, apps, games, books, podcasts, films, writing... Only had it a few months and its I've already gotten my money's worth out of it.

Before I bought it I toyed with either and iPad or netbook, mainly because I would be doing a lot of writing on it. Even though the iPad isn't the best for its original intent I'm still glad I bought it over a netbook.

330Ci cab
xrays, bookshelf as it has all my textbooks on there, internet, fb, here sometimes, few games, smartglass, ebay and autotrader apps are so much easier and user friendly on the ipad ive found

Sport 172 flame Red
My brothers plumbing company use them, the lads are supplied with them, all jobs are downloaded into a calendar and all details supplied. His time keeping is recorded and sent to his boss where he can quickly access constantly updated software and update when necessary. It saves lots of time and beneficial to the company, the lads also get an iPad from it which is a nice little bonus.

strad

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic 182
Use it for wireless mixing for my wedding band. An app called 01V controller means you can change levels wirelessly and saves running cables along the room. That and the Tiger Woods game...