ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does a 182 sound like

I want to hear what 182 sounds like to a a road side observer when its thrashed past them? Anyone got any vids or audio clips?

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Ive always wanted to do the same thing with mine but i dont trust anyone enough to let them thrash my car. lol

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

ROY- you not coming to the lakeside meet tomorrow(sunday)?? Think theres a few 182,s going.

Im not inetersted in rude boy Corsa exhaust sounds, I wanna know what a standard 182/Cup sounds like. Its awesome inside the car.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Yes mate its in Essex! check it out on the tread on -(lakeside meet) quite a few going

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 26 February 2005

lol, they sound good, slightly turbo sounding too
Heard a few and cant say theres anything remotely turbo sounding about them IMO

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 26 February 2005
lol, they sound good, slightly turbo sounding too

erm ok... maybee if you have 1 of them wistles off ebay lol, no way do they sound like a turbo, being a turbo owner and knowing what a real turbo sounds like, im insulted that u think your 182 sounds like 1 lol

if i wasnt allready busy and my car didnt have a dent in the side of it i would come and show u what a turbo sounds like :p

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Na Roy thats a cruise!! At a clio meet we normally just chat to each other about our cars&its also a chance to put names to faces. The last one at south mimms was quite cool. Met a few of the guys at the Ace Cafe&then went down to South Mimms services where we met a load more guys&girls then went on to krispy kremes(to scoff some donuts)!! in Enfield. Was quite a good day out.

:pQuote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 26 February 2005

I think he was referring to the induction whistle.

Not really a turbo obviously, it does sound cool though.

this is what im refering to

thx

ps malice, i did say slightly, so dont be a c**k:p

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by leeds_182 on 26 February 2005

Malice has got a turbo - he is now THE TURBO KING.

ohh yea big deal ive just been out in a supercharged mk1 172 eat that. 240hp was mad.

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 26 February 2005

I want to hear what 182 sounds like to a a road side observer when its thrashed past them? Anyone got any vids or audio clips?
Where you at, happy to thrash mine past ya...anything for an excuse..ill bring my video camera!

Ford Fiesta

ive got the old clip of the balc 182 in an underground car park, if thats any good?

Even my 1.2 16v sounds great in a car park (when theres no-one watching and the revs are at 6k) so id love to hear a 182 in a car park.

I once heard a ferrari in a car park. That was niiiiiiiiice. get quite a lot of nice cars in the car parks in glasgow. blentley GTs sound crap in car parks.

Ford Fiesta

if someone can host it I can email them with it, im off to work now, but someone leave me a PM with their email so I can mail the clip to them and they can host it.

its on here somewhere as is the owner of the car, the first 182 owner on here I think he was.

Liam

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by andy_leitch on 27 February 2005

Even my 1.2 16v sounds great in a car park (when theres no-one watching and the revs are at 6k) so id love to hear a 182 in a car park.

I once heard a ferrari in a car park. That was niiiiiiiiice. get quite a lot of nice cars in the car parks in glasgow. blentley GTs sound crap in car parks.
theres one exit from the buchanan galleries I remember coming out there in my 205gti and it sounded sweet as... my 182 sounds good in the clyde tunnel too.

best way is to get up a really tight street with big buildings either side that is best so far sounds like a beast and even @ mcdonalds drive through sounds good lol. me induction kit make hell of a difference a lot nicer with it on.

Quote: Originally posted by bsimmer3000 on 28 February 2005
roy where ya from. see a inferno 182 in colchester other day. wernt you was it?

Nope, wasnt be dude

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 28 February 2005
Ill ask my mum to drive her scenic past, should sound pretty similar :p;)*runs*

Mate Id roll with a V6 225 and old day of the week on a coutry lane ;) Objects in your rear view mirror may be closer than they appear :p

i miss my supersprint, if fred is right and they are making a race system for the 182 then thats definately going almost top of my shopping list just below my coilovers.