ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What does this warning light mean?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
DSC00251.jpg

(Sorry for the photo, I took it from another thread)

It was flashing for a bit then buggered off,
i've done a search but as usual all the results contradicted each other.

emissions light, caused by a number of different problems just have find what.

when mine did it it was a shot spark plug

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It means get it plugged up for the non mechanical minded lol.

Edit, but as mentioned usually something like coilpack, plugs, leads, injectors etc bring up that light.

BMW E46 330ci Sport
Mine did this when breather pipe came off intake. Its a rubber pipe that attaches to the bend on the intake just before the throttle body. Pipe had fallen behind the engine and just needed to be pushed back on. 2 second job if it is this.

The light came on when I was stationary by the way. Turned off pretty much as soon as I started moving again.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
No real performance issues, went for a blast yesterday and it felt as fast as ever,
it always judders and vibrates, has done for years, uprated engine mounts don't help. lol

Racing Blue 182
I had this on with a misfire, I changed leads, plugs and an injector (after finding out that was the cause) but the light is still on! The car feels OK again now, what could it be!?

Or does it stay on until you get it turned off?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It is an engine management light. It means the electronics have thrown up a slight error of somekind and take it to your local Renault garage to have it checked out. Obviously the last part is ignorable.

It can be a million things mate. Just need to check the normal things or wait and see if it happens again. More than likely it's just being French.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
engine management light take it to most garages and get the fault codes read and reset.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I know mine's a HT lead because when the upper inlet came off the other week,
we found one of them had white powder around the end, then within a day or so the eml started flashing intermittently.

It's at BTM now for a few hundred quids worth of work including new HT leads.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Dave, mine was present cat lambda sensor. I've had it cleared and going to try better fuel to see if light comes back on. Might even try cleaning the sensor to see if I can decoke it and see what happens.

WRX
Thought there was a mist over the airport when I drove past. Fred must have just opened your door.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Thought there was a mist over the airport when I drove past. Fred must have just opened your door.

No word of a lie, there's actually a gravel trap in the passenger foot well atm,
when I walk the dog down the park, my wellies and his leather football pick up all loads of small stones off the carpark. lol

renault clio 182
I've had this similar problem have too get it code read see what's faults come up but it's basically changing things till it fixes the problem I've got a compression test first too make sure everything there was ok first then had too change coil pack, leads, spark plugs then found had a faulty injector too car drives fine now so solved the problem but just a case of going though a list of parts unfortunately

It's the engine management light meaning the ECU has picked up on something that's went wrong/not reading correctly and stored a fault code.

There's no point in just assuming it means anything until you get it plugged in and read whatever fault code it has stored.