ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Else to Upgrade When Changing Shocks

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Car is a Clio 172, 83,000 miles.
I’ll be having my leaking front shocks replaced. Currently on KYB shocks and Apex springs. Since stripping the rear out the springs work a LOT better, and it handles a lot more predictably.

I’ll be changing to cup shocks. I have a few questions:
Is it worth upgrading anything else whilst changing the shocks? Top mounts? Some bushes?
I want to only really upgrade things when I feel they’re not performing, but I’m thinking whilst the car in for the work is there anything else worth doing?
Also, I’m relatively happy with the Apex springs now I’ve stripped the rear. Would it still be worth swapping to Cooksports or Eibachs? Or are they very similar?

It’s not a daily used car so comfort isn’t an issue. Its 50/50 track use & country road runs, but will be driven to the track.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
just do a general check of the suspension. if you want some upgrades then it's a good time to change bushes(powerflex maybe) and new top mounts (if required) I'm a fan of the solid type ones, adjustable if possible :)
Ball joints, track rod ends are to be checked also.
Also check the geometry afterwards everything is done