ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What engine for Mk1?

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
In need of a new engine for the Mk1. Its a 1.2 (d7f 730). Just wondering what will fit straight in. Thanks in advance.

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
A garage will be putting the engine in as I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to things like this. I'm not fussed what engine goes into it as long as it works. I just need one that will fit in straight forward that will go straight to all the electrics etc that are already there to keep costs down.

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
Would this cylinder head fit straight onto my engine? Mine is a MK1 and this is off a Mk2 but my engine is still a D7F but the 730.

1997 Mk1 1.2
Lol just kidding mate
I'd ring round your local breakers/scrap yards and keep an eye on eBay , shouldn't be too hard to find one

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
Lol just kidding mate
I'd ring round your local breakers/scrap yards and keep an eye on eBay , shouldn't be too hard to find one

Managed to get the head fixed on the original engine :). Cost around £300 but the engine only has 65k on it so it will be worth it in the long run :)