ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what exhaust

Golf R/Leon FR

hey guys, am wanting a new exhaust on my 172 and was just wondering which one should i get?

1) Magnex 3.5" twin

2) K-tec twin

3) prospeed custom made

anybody got any opinions or advice as to which is better, performance and noise wise will be helpful

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 30 June 2005<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">3)

Check your PMs Loony :)

browno

ClioSport Club Member

Go for the prospeed - you wont regret it! Just put a secondhand one on my 182 which I bought from the forum, and it looks and sounds great. Also looks properly made - all the brackets are very solid and everything fits just right...

Might be worth looking whats in the for sale forums though - might save a bit of cash too..

Golf R/Leon FR

hayward and scott are very expensive arent they? where they based?

leeds 182 - dont you have prospeed exhaust on your 182?

never fancied a mongoose zorst

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

id go for magnex being as i had one on my last car nice an quiet at low revs but put ya foot down a bit and it lets ya know its there

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by phoenixy on 30 June 2005

hayward and scott are very expensive arent they? where they based?

leeds 182 - dont you have prospeed exhaust on your 182?

never fancied a mongoose zorst

No mate - I broke the mould and got mine done somewhere else.

I had a Mongoose on my 172 and it sounded mint! Really deep and throaty but not overly intrusive.

I just think magnex zorsts sound a bit GAY.
[/QUOTE]

Quote: Originally posted by leeds_182 on 30 June 2005

I just think magnex zorsts sound a bit GAY.
Try hooking it up to a K Tec centre section like I have LOL.

Sounds grizzly!

I had a magnex and had to go back every few weeks for it repositioning on the mounts. At least a custom is welded on and wont move.

I am taking the plunge and going for a ProSpeed, cardiff is pretty close to here, and the travel is being expensed. 3.5" rolled in... I will try and remember to get some pics.

If you have to go for a non-custom option go for Mongoose like someone said earlier. I work at Halfords (no Im not proud of it) and all the Mongoose pipes Ive seen are excellently finished and just feel like good quality items. Also, after having seen / heard most every other make of exhaust I picked up my Mongoose full system this evening. I know it was the right choice.

1.6 focus zetec....

If i was to go for a custom made zorst what would people suggest e.g 4", 5" no cat, no back box etc etc and what does hidden mean?

Thanks

A silver Honda

4" or 5" looks too big on a clio IMO.

A hidden system means the tailpipe can not be seen.

1.6 focus zetec....

Hows that work then cos i assume if its hidden behind the bumper itll gradually melt the bumper? I like the look of george16vs zorst, what sort of zorst is that mate?

tiTTy & SV650

looking at prospeed gallery someones 182, the silencers are too visible for my liking, hayward and scott one looks better IMO - is there different shapes of silencer you can for so it doesnt sit lower than the bumper?!

2005 Impreza WRX STI

ive got a k tec on mine.tis fine :D rather loud tho as steve V6 will tell u;). if u have the money tho get one made!!!!