ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what front pads to use??

Clio Sport 172 ITB
right sooo off the the ring in june and at the moment i only have standard pads on the car coz of it not being on track for a while... so what would you recomend for the car.. ds2500 are no no coz i think there pap!

Clio Sport 172 ITB
just dont like the feel of them.. didnt feel all that good tbh. want something a bit more agressive

330 Ci
try mintex 1144's.. nice and bity - ideal if you want them for fast road/the odd track day and cheaper than the ferrodos

ITB'd MK1
try mintex 1144's.. nice and bity - ideal if you want them for fast road/the odd track day and cheaper than the ferrodos

not suitable for what he's asking for. Good road pads, but an 1155 for ocasional track, or even 1166 if you're feeling hardcore. 1144's will cook on track

500 Twinair
I've always ran, brembo HC disc, ferodo ds2500 and braided hoses, they seem to do the job, but i haven't done the ring in them.

Clio Sport 172 ITB
1155 a good compromise then fred? i have brembo HC disc's and braided lines already.. running r888 on my track wheels (will be using at the ring) i want a pad that will at least last me the 5 days im over there (and the 16 laps and the trip there and back)

PH1
EBC Bluestuff ruin discs
It may depend on the disc's being used, I've seen the latest version(ndx or whatever it is they're called) used in anger with HC's and they performed extremely well without issue.

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
Cant understand whats wrong with ds2500, id suggest try some PF97 but they eat discs for fun and the dust is a shitter if you like cleaning your car!!

172 Race Car
From our experiance PF97's are not that hard on discs. We did a whole season of racing/testing/trackdays, 12 hours of running in total and they were about half worn. the pads were like new tho so the 3-4 sets of discs per set of pads seams about right.

Were currently using Yellowstuff, they have worn the discs more than the pf's did and have only done 5 hours. We like them tho and they are cheap pads.

M1144's are fine for going to the shops but would last about 1min of the lap at the ring

ITB'd MK1
Cant understand whats wrong with ds2500,

he doesn't like them, it's not that difficult to comprehend. I'm not a fan either really, work fine but I dont like the feel.

Cliolord changed from ferodo's to mintex 1155 on my recommendation (he didn't like the ds2500 either) and found them really good at Bedford

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I have pagid blues on my car and they're really good in all conditions.

Cheers Craig, be interested to hear how they compare :)

Surely some of the forums esteemed in-house experts must be able to voice an opinion on the blacks?

PF97s have epic stopping power, and don't fade. Great for track use.

Yes I did have to spend ages cleaning my wheels, but that was mainly because I was a little enthusiastic bedding them in, and a lot of disc ended up on the alloys.

Go with some CL's Kev, had some on the Cup and they were fantastic! All this rubbish about falling apart still is nonsense, agreed there was a bad batch however that was ages ago...

Havent tried these PF97's but may well do soon, seems like the perfect upgrade to the CL's without wasting money on 4pot calipers.

172 Race Car
Same old story mate. Loads of people spend £££££ on there car to make it quicker and then track it on s**t rubber

PF97's close to £200 a set mind