ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

a3aganes.jpg

Doors all ready too.

Mini JCW
Booked it in on Mondy at Renault for their 'Expert' (LOL) service, brake fluid change and to inspect rear arch corrosion.

Booked in Wednesday at TWS to have the wheels powder coated.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Swore at it as I realized I undid the gearbox plug and drained the gearbox oil out into a filthy container rather than the engine oil, first time ever doing it! Renaults a bit weird for putting the gearbox plug right in the access hole, but my own fault as i'm a total novice! Tomorrow will be spent filling my gearbox with new Castrol oil. Spent today doing the oil filter, then changed both plug washers, filled engine again to the min line with 5w40 engine oil having filled it up to 7l before hand thinking the old oil was out of the car... will fill up to the max line tomorrow when its settled through and there's some daylight!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Swore at it as I realized I undid the gearbox plug and drained the gearbox oil out into a filthy container rather than the engine oil, first time ever doing it! Renaults a bit weird for putting the gearbox plug right in the access hole, but my own fault as i'm a total novice! Tomorrow will be spent filling my gearbox with new Castrol oil. Spent today doing the oil filter, then changed both plug washers, filled engine again to the min line with 5w40 engine oil having filled it up to 7l before hand thinking the old oil was out of the car... will fill up to the max line tomorrow when its settled through and there's some daylight!

No offence but it might be visible but it's in the gearbox, where gearbox oil is, not in the sump that's attached to the bottom of the engine... Surely you know the difference between a gearbox and an engine?

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
No offence but it might be visible but it's in the gearbox, where gearbox oil is, not in the sump that's attached to the bottom of the engine... Surely you know the difference between a gearbox and an engine?

Do now, 17 and totally new to cars, just figured its the one through the access panel and has the right size plug with the copper washer on it

yesterday she had a bit of work done:

cambelt, aux kit, dephaser, head gasket, head repair, discs and pads all round, exhaust centre section, spark plugs, ht leads, oil, filter and coolant.

fair bit of work! all courtesy of dan at sjm. top work

big boost cup
removed last little bit of loom from the doors and sound deadening from behind pedals. removed everything from the doors ready for perspex windows Fletcher

Removed most of the hard top fitting kit from the Z3 before rain stopped play as you need to do it with roof down.

Started stripping down the X5 to change the water pump and then the rain got really heavy and there was no way I was standing out there in that for another 4 hours so came back in.

Mini JCW
Ordered some Brembo 'R'clips to replace the sh*tty spring ones Renault supply.

pins1.jpg

Need to get a decent low profile jack and ratchet axle stands now to strip the brakes down.

Sent a snotty email to kam racing for sending the wrong parts out after a week of waiting, only to realise the parts they've sent are more than double the price of the items I purchased :)

172 Ph1
How did you go about fitting the rear windows?

I'm guessing he would have had to cut the window out from inside with an extremely sharp blade , once glass is out , clean up surface area , let it dry , apply bonding agent and place poly-carbs in to position and allow to set. I'd imagine the hardest bit is cutting out the original bonded window.