ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

clio 172
Swapped ancillaries from old engine to new engine. Play ended when I snapped the 3/8ths hole off the aux belt tensioner!

It was all going so well. Would've had the car driving this week but now I have to wait until next weekend for new parts/enough time to drop the engine in.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Gave it a wash and a drive.

40913c4139a46b1fd3ae6b2573521d78.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
Not done it yet, but going to try and spray my intake manifold back to silver from its current yellow

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
Fitted a new lambda sensor to the ph1 and holy s**t what a big difference its made as it was flat as a fart before!!
Can now start to enjoy it again :)

RS182 Full Fat
swapped the green bogie for a m.a.d stainless tow, also did the fogs in yellow and diamond in black. not sure about the fogs.

now:
IMG_0766.jpg

before:
Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 20.36.17.png

Megane 225 f1
Gave the f1 a mini interior valet. Cleaned the seats with racegalze alcantara cleaner, treated the leather, hoover, cleaned the pedals and a quick spray with megs quick interior detail. Cleaned the door shuts and cleaned up all the door hinges etc. Then finished off with 2 magic tree black ice air freshners!

clio 172
The post at the top of this page is me saying how I snapped the 3/8ths bit off the aux belt tensioner, 2 weeks on I've done the same to the replacement part haha. Thankfully got the belt on and Spring just about bolted in when it decided to let go, now just for the rain to stop so I can bolt the gearbox on and drop the engine in the car!

Brought new Wind deflectors for the clio and also a new steering wheel as the current one was a mess. Didn't fancy getting it retrimmed so just ordered a new one. Just got to get my seat tear sorted then I'll be happy with how she is :)

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Used it as a removals vehicle, moving house at the moment

Suprised how good/much room it has with the back seats down

Also bought some grease for the door hinges as drivers side was squeaking and driving me mad, now silent bliss

Monaco 172
Had the thing every owner of a 13 year old car dreads.. And a 13 year old French car at that!! MOT TIME

Couple of advisories, and a sidelight bulb and we're golden. Good old Clio.

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
So its safe to say the rack bushes were shot to s**t !
I know why ive been putting it off tho, what a absolute t**t of a job on your drive
Also a new handbrake cable fitted, so it should be good for MOT time now :)
photo 1-14.JPG
photo 2-12.JPG

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I love the black mirrors. Always had them and I think flamers with flame mirrors look odd. I have bought a new front bumper which has normal fogs, so that may be changed..

Ph1 172 & Leon Cupra
Gave it a bit of a clean and got rid of all the mould round the boot lid and took badges off and cleaned behind them as it was doing my head in lol!
Also attempted to spruce up the 2.0 side badges but turned out a bit gash !
photo 1-16.JPG
photo 2-13.JPG
photo 3-6.JPG
photo 4-6.JPG

Attachments

• photo 4-6.JPG
    photo 4-6.JPG
    282.3 KB · Views: 80
  • photo 3-6.JPG
    photo 3-6.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 70

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Last week..
Bought some Oz F1s for the track car with nankang ns2-r tyres
Fitted new brembo HC disks up front with mintex 1144 pads + front wheel bearings on the cup.

Thursday...
Took the cup for a service and fresh gearbox oil, investigation of a small misfire at low revs, general check over at SJM Automotive.

Today
Removed the gear stick/linkage out of a donor car and got the wing off for @essee
Removed the sideskirts, exhaust from the cat back. Made a start on removing the lower dash, rear axle and cup shocks and cooksport springs to swap on to the track car build. (temp measure) Staretd to disconnect wiring and hoses from the engine ready for transplanting over. Cleaned up the previously removed seats from the donor car ready for sale.
Bought a "Fatty induction kit" for the cup.

Busy times! Money well spent :up:

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Replaced the timing belt, vvt pulley, aux belt and tensioner and the engine mount. What a crap job that is to do, timing is now spot on

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
New wheels and tyres on, coilovers on, RCAs on, top mounts on, sticky throttle body sorted... it's been a busy one! Also drove over 500 miles though so it's dirty as f**k and no pictures yet!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I bought these ones mate https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150934345262

It takes 5 mins to do. Remove the front passenger side arch liner enough to pull out two pipes that feed to the headlight washer. Snip the pipes and fit the valves with the black bit (inlet) facing up / washer bottle.

Let me know if I can help any further pal.

The passenger side pipe runs along the bottom of the front grill, if it's just that one weeping it's easier to pop the grill off and put the valve in the pipe there.