ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate. It's an Argos £30 DA with an orange lake country 5.5 pad.

Then this stuff
IMG_20200414_164543.jpg

clio 200
Removed the front arches to get the field's worth of mud from behind them. Proper recommend everyone to do it if they haven't. Also removed the carbon canister as it was making a funny noise.
Decat to fit once it arrives later in the week
b4beae4174edb09816e58f4fe17cd94c.jpg
64a515d67757639eff052a6401f35bf6.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Nichutch

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182-white r26
After work I carried on rebuilding a rear brake Caliper, all went well and even manage to get a lick of paint on them dispute having these peacocks squawking in my ears, only thing is I have a O ring that has a tab on it I don’t know where it goes any ideas?

Attachments

• 766BEB44-165C-47DC-8320-C7790B57C972.jpeg
    766BEB44-165C-47DC-8320-C7790B57C972.jpeg
    502.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 89C6D4A3-511C-4F66-8453-2B0D6A724315.jpeg
    89C6D4A3-511C-4F66-8453-2B0D6A724315.jpeg
    335.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 5EB2A513-BF56-49A1-B951-6ED7655AE5B9.jpeg
    5EB2A513-BF56-49A1-B951-6ED7655AE5B9.jpeg
    310.8 KB · Views: 62
Removed the front arches to get the field's worth of mud from behind them. Proper recommend everyone to do it if they haven't. Also removed the carbon canister as it was making a funny noise.
Decat to fit once it arrives later in the week

Hey,
When you removed the carbon canister what did you do with the wiring / pipes?

Planned to replace the rear brake discs on the clio, when i eventually got them off i noticed the spacers were missing. Dammit! It turns out Renault are not producing them anymore, where are people getting them from now? Looks like Renault Parts Direct have a managed to machine their own version to OE spec, has anyone used these before?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Stripped down my MK3 door handles , Replaced the micro switches and now just waiting to paint them.

Going for Nissan KAD Paint code as its the same as the Clio 200 Dials and vents.

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_2331.JPG

IMG_1991.jpeg

IMG_1992.jpeg

IMG_2217.jpg

clio 200
Hey,
When you removed the carbon canister what did you do with the wiring / pipes?
Kept the top part connected to the plug and cable tied out the way. Cable tied the pipe from the fuel tank out the way to allow it to breath and looped the pipe from the inlet manifold

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
After work I carried on rebuilding a rear brake Caliper, all went well and even manage to get a lick of paint on them dispute having these peacocks squawking in my ears, only thing is I have a O ring that has a tab on it I don’t know where it goes any ideas?
It goes in the handbrake mechanism on the caliper I believe, I didn't bother with it to be honest.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Used a turtle wax headlight restorer on wife's 2005 blobeye sti.

It is cheaper than the competitors at a tenner.

Really impressed with results. Crystal clear.

They were not that bad so only need polishing compound. Did not need to used sanding pads.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Planned to replace the rear brake discs on the clio, when i eventually got them off i noticed the spacers were missing. Dammit! It turns out Renault are not producing them anymore, where are people getting them from now? Looks like Renault Parts Direct have a managed to machine their own version to OE spec, has anyone used these before?
@George@RTR_Parts or @Kev@KAM will have some.

So i had problems removing my rear brake discs the other day and managed to get them off eventually using a Thor hammer. End result was the bearing was still stuck onto the stub axle which i managed to remove with a hub puller.
However, now the new rear disc for the passenger side wont go on, it gets stuck after a few mm on the stub axle. Has this happened to anyone before? I can't see any obvious kinks or anything that would get in the way. Although it does explain why it was so difficult to remove the old disc! Driver's side was fine.
Please could somelne advise?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
So i had problems removing my rear brake discs the other day and managed to get them off eventually using a Thor hammer. End result was the bearing was still stuck onto the stub axle which i managed to remove with a hub puller.
However, now the new rear disc for the passenger side wont go on, it gets stuck after a few mm on the stub axle. Has this happened to anyone before? I can't see any obvious kinks or anything that would get in the way. Although it does explain why it was so difficult to remove the old disc! Driver's side was fine.
Please could somelne advise?
You been driving round on a fucked bearing? The excess heat will probably of caused material from the bearing to be stuck to the axle. Had this at Anglesey once in my 172. Had to whip the stub off and take it to have the remaining part of the bearing pressed off. Then had to gently file off the bits left behind IIRC

I think the bearing was fine until i decided to replace the disk, it only shattered to pieces when i forced the disk off with a hammer. It seems the stub axle is the culprit, it stopped the old disk from releasing and the new one from going on.

The strange thing is the stub axle looks super clean and I can't see any excess material from the bearing. Nevertheless is it ok to sand it down a little? Or should i replace?

Last edited:
I've had them where they were a little tight (oooh)

A bit of grease on the axle and tap them on, should go on.

It was already greased up like crazy, looks like the previous owner had the same issue. Really dont want to damage the new disl and bearing, looks like buying a replacement is the way forward.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Finally remembered to change the plugs after 3 years/33k!

Attachments

• IMG_1851.JPG
    IMG_1851.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 52

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
You been driving round on a fucked bearing? The excess heat will probably of caused material from the bearing to be stuck to the axle. Had this at Anglesey once in my 172. Had to whip the stub off and take it to have the remaining part of the bearing pressed off. Then had to gently file off the bits left behind IIRC
Was that last may 2019. Was you with a Lad called Dave?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
That off a rally car? Look at all the mud! 🤣

😂 I did have a poke around behind the bumper whilst I was there. Don’t worry I gave my wife a bollocking for not vacuuming the garage appropriately! Seriously though I reckon there has been best part of 5kg of s**t behind all the arch liners and bumpers. I’m not into detailing and all the jazz, but the even I would’ve cleaned that crap out! Rear beam looks like it has lived under the sea. Once I have removed the hubs etc (bought a big enough socket) I am going to asses whether it’s worth blasting and coating or weighing in for a better second hand one

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Beam looks like it'll clean up just fine. What state are the brake lines in? They might need replacing.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Beam looks like it'll clean up just fine. What state are the brake lines in? They might need replacing.
That was the reason for dropping the beam , brake lines are knackered and the one that runs along the beam fractured. So I just thought ‘balls to it’ let’s do a proper job, my brake callipers need refurbishing or replacing as well. May as well do a proper job given time isn’t an issue at the moment. Car isn’t a daily so if it takes me a year to finish it doesn’t matter.

glad you think it will clean up alright. Once I get a big enough socket to start stripping the rear hubs I will jet wash it all to see what it’s like under the mud and crap. It does look very corroded in parts, will post some pics up for people’s opinions when no get to that stage

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
That was the reason for dropping the beam , brake lines are knackered and the one that runs along the beam fractured. So I just thought ‘balls to it’ let’s do a proper job, my brake callipers need refurbishing or replacing as well. May as well do a proper job given time isn’t an issue at the moment. Car isn’t a daily so if it takes me a year to finish it doesn’t matter.

glad you think it will clean up alright. Once I get a big enough socket to start stripping the rear hubs I will jet wash it all to see what it’s like under the mud and crap. It does look very corroded in parts, will post some pics up for people’s opinions when no get to that stage

It'll be fine, sand blast and powder coat will sort it.

This was mine to start with -

IMG_20191102_124545.jpg

IMG_20191102_124810.jpg

IMG_20191102_124553.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191012_154033.jpg
    IMG_20191012_154033.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 101

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Looks similar to mine mate, cant muster up the enthusiasm to get mine off yet though
It’s a messy job for sure. Hardest part was lowering fuel tank. It’s only 4 bolts, but I had stupidly just under a full tank of squirt so was worried I would end up with it all over the floor. Shouldn’t have really! It’s a heavy lump mind.