ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
It’s a messy job for sure. Hardest part was lowering fuel tank. It’s only 4 bolts, but I had stupidly just under a full tank of squirt so was worried I would end up with it all over the floor. Shouldn’t have really! It’s a heavy lump mind.
My fuel tank bolts are in a right mess but I will be taking the whole beam and mounts off to get to some corrosion which I think might be going under them so the tank can stay

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
My fuel tank bolts are in a right mess but I will be taking the whole beam and mounts off to get to some corrosion which I think might be going under them so the tank can stay
That reminds me, I need to replace the tank bolts on mine! I was lucky with a couple of them! To say the least. Going to replace with some stainless bolts and washers I think. Also the rear heat shield is absolutely hammered! Need a new one of them as well

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
That reminds me, I need to replace the tank bolts on mine! I was lucky with a couple of them! To say the least. Going to replace with some stainless bolts and washers I think. Also the rear heat shield is absolutely hammered! Need a new one of them as well
Are they bolts then? I thought they were nuts on studs

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Fitted my carbon fibre door bullets....
53913214-F0B3-49DF-99A7-353C8C51A329.jpeg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Washed it today because I need to go to work tomorrow and couldn't see out the windscreen! Also painted my spare dash strips while furlough bored.
IMG_20200419_163945.jpg
IMG_20200419_121229.jpg

I ordered some menzerma polish and da pads the other day, and god knows it needs it #swirlcity. Good job I got a week's holiday back from being furlough'd 😂.

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Did you have someone make those for you? Mine are fucked but I can't replace them with standard ones 🤣.

Yeah they were from CarbonSkin’s aka Matthew Hayward on Facebook. Top quality, really pleased with them!

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
Not my car but recently bought a recovery truck to aid with getting customers cars to and from my garage when needed, had to change the passenger side wheel bearing and it literally fell apart. Glad i didnt have to go anywhere far

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks a lot guys!

It definitely is a marmite colour and I'm obviously biased but I agree @Amos91 , when it's clean and the sun catches it, there's no doubt it looks stunning!

Replaced the rear passenger stub axle today, in typical fasion on of the torx bolts got rounded after the nut got seized. Great. Dremel out and after an hour of grinding finally got it off. New stub axle on, new brake disc and spacer on, all going well until i realise the brake caliper carrier isn't lining up??? One for tomorrow to solve.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Replaced the rear passenger stub axle today, in typical fasion on of the torx bolts got rounded after the nut got seized. Great. Dremel out and after an hour of grinding finally got it off. New stub axle on, new brake disc and spacer on, all going well until i realise the brake caliper carrier isn't lining up??? One for tomorrow to solve.

Not lining up side to side?

If so, the caliper is on slider pins and will move in and out. If it doesn't, yours are seized and will need greasing.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Undo the brake line and take the handbrake cable out. Remove the bolts through the sliders and the whole caliper will come off. Then remove the brake line.

Check if the seals are still intact, if they are you can just pull out the metal tubes, clean and regrease, otherwise send an email to Biggred for some new seals or a whole new slider kit.

Just did them myself last week:
20200408_172921.jpg

20200407_165732.jpg

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Last 2 days ive been stripping back my wiring and de-pinning chopping out unnecessary s**t from out of mine..

I wanted the Serv and Srs light to remain active for MOT time so ive had all the systems turned off via Clip. Then proceeded with de-pinning each and every sensor included out of the Airbag ecu..

DAY 1:
I started at the rear, i removed the rear wiper first then wiring out of the tailgate along with all the heated rear screen wiring (The elements were shagged anyway). Then removed all the loom running up the drivers side leaving just the fuel pump and drivers door switch. I then ran the offside rear light loom up the passenger side with the original loom behind the wheel arch then across the rear panel.. As i was doing the rear loom, basically from the brown sill plug back, i cut out all the speaker wires and all the crap i no longer needed. Having removed the dash earlier, i then started on the Airbag module, carefully stripping all the insulation back to every loom going to module, i began depinning each system 1 at a time.

Day 2:
Took the front half of my cage out for ease and plus im gonna be spraying my interior.
Sat myself down with a load of tools, tape, phone, drink, multimeters and took a deep breathe.. Opened the loom up and slowly removed,depinned all the Audio wiring, cigar lighter, all the Alarm system, interior light wiring. Think thats about it..

Tomorrow ill be relooming it all nice and neatly with Tesa fabric tape and done..

Total weight saving is roughly 3.5kg including the rear wiper motor.. It wasn't really about the weight, it was more to do with making it all neat and tidy..
95af34d77f21361699136963515a93c1.jpg
17e8d2ef0da933a657162a8176e651fd.jpg
1497f5f6213978cd7398612a58789d69.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Last 2 days ive been stripping back my wiring and de-pinning chopping out unnecessary s**t from out of mine..

I wanted the Serv and Srs light to remain active for MOT time so ive had all the systems turned off via Clip. Then proceeded with de-pinning each and every sensor included out of the Airbag ecu..

DAY 1:
I started at the rear, i removed the rear wiper first then wiring out of the tailgate along with all the heated rear screen wiring (The elements were shagged anyway). Then removed all the loom running up the drivers side leaving just the fuel pump and drivers door switch. I then ran the offside rear light loom up the passenger side with the original loom behind the wheel arch then across the rear panel.. As i was doing the rear loom, basically from the brown sill plug back, i cut out all the speaker wires and all the crap i no longer needed. Having removed the dash earlier, i then started on the Airbag module, carefully stripping all the insulation back to every loom going to module, i began depinning each system 1 at a time.

Day 2:
Took the front half of my cage out for ease and plus im gonna be spraying my interior.
Sat myself down with a load of tools, tape, phone, drink, multimeters and took a deep breathe.. Opened the loom up and slowly removed,depinned all the Audio wiring, cigar lighter, all the Alarm system, interior light wiring. Think thats about it..

Tomorrow ill be relooming it all nice and neatly with Tesa fabric tape and done..

Total weight saving is roughly 3.5kg including the rear wiper motor.. It wasn't really about the weight, it was more to do with making it all neat and tidy.. View attachment 1468443View attachment 1468444View attachment 1468445

I actually dont mind doing wiring jobs now, its stripping back all the tape and what not thats crap!

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I actually dont mind doing wiring jobs now, its stripping back all the tape and what not thats crap!
I have to admit that i have an advantage.. I used to work for Sextons Car Audio/ Toad plc.. This sort of stuff was daily..

Andyano12

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup + more
I hadn't driven or even started my cup for months, so decided to go and try to start it...…..turned the key and....nothing, so checked the battery voltage and it was very low.... charged the battery up and tried again but to no avail, also the dreaded red immobiliser light remained on.... checked the battery voltage and it was only just 12v after a battery charge... so decided to buy a new battery, installed the new battery and tried again.....red light still on, it would crank if you turned the key quickly but wouldn't start and the red light was on solid....
At this point frustration was beginning to show its head...:mad:
Checked all earths which were fine and checked all the relays, swapped the relays over etc still the same, then locked the car, unlocked the car etc
Eventually after much messing around the car started...Hooray!!!!!!😄

Not sure why it decided to start at that point but am glad it did. I suppose you could say the car definitely has character!
If you have read all this well done, apologies for the long post, lockdown insanity!!