ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

172 Cup
Replaced the rear and middle exhaust hangers, and fitted some fresh fixings to the front and rear number plates (including colour coded caps).

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Oil service
Brake fluid change
Air con service
Cleaned all wheels on the insides and removed all old sticky weights and rebalanced.

Stopped the door from clunking when I open it. There was a loose bolt on the bar that goes between the door and frame.

Got the cruise control and speed limiter working. Spent a while testing the pedal switches, then tried bending the bit of metal inside the main switch. Thanks to a post on here for that nice little fix :D

Clio172.Seat leon fr
Freed off sticky front caliper on off side front, skimmed both front discs, replaced missing clip on cv joint, freed off rusted rear pads on both sides OH and also managed to snap off wheel bolt in front hub. All in all a very productive day

Now Sold :-(
Fitted the painted engine cover I purchased from Simon (Sprayshack)

As ever superb quality finish.

photo-5_zpsce75bc74.jpg

Purchased on a whim as I saw it come up for sale and now not sure I actually like it. lol
Will leave it and see if it grows on me.

Clio RS200 GW
Fitted braided lines bleed and replaced fluid , modded the front so the condensor stands less chance of getting damage to it cleaned polished clio 200 , also fitted new bulbs to xenon headlights and new exhaust mount on clio 172 cup also cleaned. So yeh a busy ish day

PH2 RS172
There's no parking there mate.

ha ha fortunately i made the sign so ill have to fine myself. on top of that today i fitted my new exhaust and hangers. sounds great! i also swapped the plugs over that were demolished yet were put down as being changed on its last service... typical bs garages... dont know how they get away with it tbh. anyhoo ... pic

20130416_115242_zpsa2e82051.gif

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Never seen a Petrol Blue 182 around Southend! Never seen one anywhere to be fair lol... where you been hiding?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Never seen a Petrol Blue 182 around Southend! Never seen one anywhere to be fair lol... where you been hiding?

I bought it about 2 weeks ago from a chap in Wantage, can meet up 1 evening if you like. The colour looks its best when the sun is out (whenever that is!)

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
Today I picked up a new stereo for the Clio a fli swat5 does the job nicely now just wanting some speakers or mdf rings so I can fit 6.5 comps and tweeters in

53 Clio's & counting
Good to see there are plenty of nice ones out there pete!

I opened my garage, shuffled past the clio to grab a few bits off the work bench and shut the garage again - so all I've done is fold the mirror in, poor things not been out in two weeks

Dropped it off at my mechanic to have coilies, discs and pads fitted and investigate my temperature gauge not working. Hopefully get it back early next week. It's cost me a fortune this week. So much for a budget build lol.

clio
I have fitted a new stereo system today and its working good .. now i am going for a long drive ..

​Thats it i have done it only on today and i think its enough...

Dropped it off at garage for a wheel bearing to be replaced, after replacing the engine found that I can do most things to the f*cking thing but the lack of a press limits my abilities on that front :(

How much they charging you for that?

Way too f*cking much tbh mate!

Cheeky f*ckers gave me the price after doing the work by using the excuse they don't know how much the bearing is.... (Less than £16 from eurocarparts btw)

£76 for parts and labour!! (So paying the garage £60 for the liberty of removing a rear wheel, removing the drum, pressing the old bearing out, pressing the new one in and refitting the drum and wheel) wtf?

My 'usual' garage in doncaster, charges £60 for the front wheel bearing done and laser tracking

Way too f*cking much tbh mate!

Cheeky f*ckers gave me the price after doing the work by using the excuse they don't know how much the bearing is.... (Less than £16 from eurocarparts btw)

£76 for parts and labour!! (So paying the garage £60 for the liberty of removing a rear wheel, removing the drum, pressing the old bearing out, pressing the new one in and refitting the drum and wheel) wtf?

My 'usual' garage in doncaster, charges £60 for the front wheel bearing done and laser tracking

ffs just picked it up to be told there is a gearbox leak somewhere which wasn't there before, there is an extra 10-15 miles on the clock and to be told the price I was given didn't have VAT added on!!

so cost me £91.50 to get my car back with a replaced rear wheel bearing, a gearbox oil leak, some extra miles and less petrol than was in it originally!!!

last time I use that garage!!!!!

Grade A C*nts tbqfh

ffs just picked it up to be told there is a gearbox leak somewhere which wasn't there before, there is an extra 10-15 miles on the clock and to be told the price I was given didn't have VAT added on!!

so cost me £91.50 to get my car back with a replaced rear wheel bearing, a gearbox oil leak, some extra miles and less petrol than was in it originally!!!

last time I use that garage!!!!!

Grade A C*nts tbqfh

A garage that doesn't give you a quote before hand? Seems legit. As Jekyll says, why not use your normal garage