ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Finally got round to polishing it yesterday! Is it sad I woke up and my first thought was my clean car outside...

Pearl Black Ph2 172
Had the same thing happen to a Megane i had, damaged the seats and roof linig where the rock had bounced round the cabin, and the b******s only stole a box of matches? WTF?
police wont turn up unless there is blood or other obvious eveidence in the car, i presume this means if the offender left a sorry note. .

Hope you get it fixed up soon.

Had the same thing happen to a Megane i had, damaged the seats and roof linig where the rock had bounced round the cabin, and the b******s only stole a box of matches? WTF?
police wont turn up unless there is blood or other obvious eveidence in the car, i presume this means if the offender left a sorry note. .

Hope you get it fixed up soon.

Rock didn't damage anything except the window, only a couple of small scratches on the inside of the drivers door.
So much glass every where :(
They left the £5-£10 I had in there as well as my stereo and my £120+ glasses.
Obviously they had no clue what they were doing.
Another incident happened just round the corner as well.

Gonna suck having to pay for it all or to claim it on my insurance :(

These types of people are such worthless scum!

They took the rock to see if they could get anything off of it since it was dry, rest of the car was soaked due to heavy rain. Doubt they will get anything from it tbh.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
​What wheels? pics.

Pro Race 1.2's 16"
Gloss black
u8aduqe8.jpg

Rock didn't damage anything except the window, only a couple of small scratches on the inside of the drivers door.
So much glass every where :(
They left the £5-£10 I had in there as well as my stereo and my £120+ glasses.
Obviously they had no clue what they were doing.
Another incident happened just round the corner as well.

Gonna suck having to pay for it all or to claim it on my insurance :(

These types of people are such worthless scum!

They took the rock to see if they could get anything off of it since it was dry, rest of the car was soaked due to heavy rain. Doubt they will get anything from it tbh.

Same thing happened to me a few months ago mate, and tbh, I'm still find random bits of glass every now and then despite hoovering the car on numerous occasions, they left my Sony stereo, raybans, iPod touch, satnav, the lot.

It won't cost you much mate. I payed about £30 for a new rear n/s window and another £20-30 for a chap to come fit it (I removed all the old glue residue myself so the chap only hand to bond the new one in for me).

Same thing happened to me a few months ago mate, and tbh, I'm still find random bits of glass every now and then despite hoovering the car on numerous occasions, they left my Sony stereo, raybans, iPod touch, satnav, the lot.

It won't cost you much mate. I payed about £30 for a new rear n/s window and another £20-30 for a chap to come fit it (I removed all the old glue residue myself so the chap only hand to bond the new one in for me).

Ah that's not too bad, thought it would be £100++
When I get home I need to get hold of my insurance and see what they say :/

Found glass at the bottom of the back window lol. Stuff goes everywhere but at least it doesn't shard!

Ah that's not too bad, thought it would be £100++
When I get home I need to get hold of my insurance and see what they say :/

Found glass at the bottom of the back window lol. Stuff goes everywhere but at least it doesn't shard!

Under the rear bench, under my front seats, even found a load in the boot by my spare, f**k knows how when I had my parcel shelf blocking it lol

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
^^^^^ they suit it well (obviously) but it looks like it needs spacers urgently :(

Had the "rear fog light lights up on the dash when i brake" so decided to sort that out, took around 10 minutes from start to finish and the light no longer comes on.

Un-screwed the rear right light (little black thing that you un-screw by hand)

took it off to find this...

so i got a bit of sand paper a flat head some wd40 and a bit of tissue
soaked it with wd40, used the flat head to get most of it off, wiped it with a bit of tissue to see whats left then sprayed it with a bit more wd40 sanded it down until it was nice and clean quick wipe with the tissue plugged it back in gave it a quick test once all was good i screwed the light back on and jobs a good'n. No more fog light coming on the dash everytime i touched the brakes.

​Next up 2 rear shocks and 4 new tyres

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Fitted my new wheels after my spigot rings came today :)

Think they look good but make everything behind the wheels look dirty because they are gloss black :(

Rubbish iPhone pic
You know what they look like

ha9a8u9a.jpg

BG 182 FF
Got it washed and vaccumed, topped up oil, changed wipers.

Too bad they did a less than great job with the cleaning, despite paying extra for the wheels, there is still plenty of brake dust left and wipe marks on the bodywork. Did well on the interior though. New wipers FTW, I always forget just how big a difference they make, especially when you clean the windscreen inside and out.

Might buy some mats and black Powerflex bushes. Opinions?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
if you go through the insurance they ask you if you have rain/ light sensors and get the correct piece of glass for your car

Ah I see, cheers for that
I believe the sensor thing has gel in it too, do they sort all that etc? I mean, will everything work fine as it was before?

Think I need to get a new screen sorted :)

Ah I see, cheers for that
I believe the sensor thing has gel in it too, do they sort all that etc? I mean, will everything work fine as it was before?

Think I need to get a new screen sorted :)

im going from experience on my mk3 GT, which had rain and light sensors and they just swapped it straight over and everything worked fine they even tested it, i imagine they will be the same for mk2

RB Clio 182
Been meaning to ask someone about this. Was it through the insurance? And do they replace it with the rain sensor thingy too?

Cheers
Chris

Yes everything works fine mate, when you tell them what car it is, just mention it has the rain sensors and auto lights, im with elephant and i think they use national windows, im very happy with mine, a top bloke that fitted it too.

It also has the little square at the bottom of the window in the middle, the fitter told me that its a satnav portal or something, because back in the day they didnt receive signal as good.

Im not sure if its a fact but it does seem right.

107 Track Car & C4
Alot!

Went to K-Tec to have my rear Discs and Pads fitted, ended up having a new Water Pump, Coolant Flush, Aux Belt & Pulley as well! Got to back in a few weeks to have a few more, little bits sorted.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yes everything works fine mate, when you tell them what car it is, just mention it has the rain sensors and auto lights, im with elephant and i think they use national windows, im very happy with mine, a top bloke that fitted it too.

It also has the little square at the bottom of the window in the middle, the fitter told me that its a satnav portal or something, because back in the day they didnt receive signal as good.

Im not sure if its a fact but it does seem right.

It's for electronic tags such as the ones used for toll roads. It allows the signal to pass through the screen.

This little lot:
IMG_20130809_195337_zps7dfa5f3c.jpg

New alternator, aux belt kit, millers nanodrive oil, filter, washer, new arch liner and a few other bits...
IMG_20130809_195419_zps2f28eb5e.jpg

Was a shame to put the alternator on the car as it was so shiny LOL

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
So many alternators at the minute.

One last week, two next week... its like someone is going round killing them.