ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Many.
Not quite today, but yesterday.... Fixed this lot...
6bc48ed4-2142-4db5-8345-4f3529376cbd_zps75e5778d.jpg

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Same yesterday Bought my car :) im back with the 182 lads, has 182, then went to tt then went to megane R26 then had to come back to the clio lots as missed it :D got a nice rb with cams and exhaust

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Ripped the rear speaker surround off to try and stop the fucker from rattling it's balls off. It's helped, but not completely solved up... maybe an upgrade in is order, any recommendations for rear speakers?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Fitted a new battery and drive it for the first time in a week and a half. Been using my brothers dci65 whilst he's away apart from using the 225 for 1 day. I f**king love that wee car, especially when I've done 600 miles in the 65!

Ripped the rear speaker surround off to try and stop the f**ker from rattling it's balls off. It's helped, but not completely solved up... maybe an upgrade in is order, any recommendations for rear speakers?

Oooh I wonder if that's what's causing the new rattle that has appeared in mine. I thought it was the parcel shelf so stuck some foam pads under it, but it didn't help

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
RE after fitting powerflex dogbone bushes very pleased

Little vibration on start up and gearchange is much more solid big thumbs up :D

Cheers Pat

Phase 2 clio 172
Yesterday I lost drive in all gears, so today I took the passenger side drive shaft off and it turned out to be the washer and circlip that sit in the diff

changed them and changed the gearbox oil... Should be okay but I'm not surprised if it goes again

Clio 172
Page 172!

Just awaiting parts to change the rear discs, bearings and pads. Fingers crossed it goes okay, it's bin a while since I've done anything like this.

Inferno 225 cup
Cleaned it before it starts to rain.

Dude, I've just realised I've not got shampoo :( so ordered more g-wash.

You've got my inlet soon to tidy your bay up and them badges.

Also picked up these
y9ubu5em.jpg

And to go with my black and red them in the engine bay
epagypy4.jpg
ygasy8e3.jpg

Last edited:
  172 Cup
Gave it a good thrash down some very wet and muddy lanes, the ad08's dealt with the greasy conditions well.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
What rear speakers did you get mate? I'm after some new ones and was going to post a thread asking for recommendations...

What rear speakers did you get mate? I'm after some new ones and was going to post a thread asking for recommendations...
I put in a pair of Hertz DCX130 2-Way Car Coaxial Speakers, nice mid range sound, no deep bass but better than what was on the shelf, I am only powering them off the headunit, I run a JVC headunit standard fronts and these in the rear it's acceptable, it sounds much better than stock with this combo, not a competition winner but for our needs it's spot on.

Stripped out the rear seats and boot, then drove along some flooded roads. No water has reappeared under the rear seats though, so I'm guessing it only happens when it rains.

Oh and also nearly crashed in to a 4x4 trailering a boat, who was going round a corner using both lanes. Shants were pat

Changed injector 3 again, didn't fix it.. I'm thinking its the wiring so I need a new injector loom. Anyone know if just the injector loom can be changed or if its part of the whole engine loom?

LY FF182
Whole engine loom James, I recently changed mine twice.. Had to take it out and fix an earth when it didn't work then put it back in.. I'm now quite quick at that job haha it's not that hard really

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Changed injector 3 again, didn't fix it.. I'm thinking its the wiring so I need a new injector loom. Anyone know if just the injector loom can be changed or if its part of the whole engine loom?

If you've still got an LPG conversion on JB are your gas solenoid(s) piggy backing the ECU's injector trigger?

Check injector 3 has power first and then do a continuity check on the trigger line before going mental with a loom swap.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Over the last 3 days:

Picked it up
Taxed it
Applied for the v5
Replaced the dash
Replaced a boot strut
Replaced the front bumper
Had a puncture fixed
Fitted my parrot
Hardwired a phone charger so I can still use the fag lighter