ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Whole engine loom James, I recently changed mine twice.. Had to take it out and fix an earth when it didn't work then put it back in.. I'm now quite quick at that job haha it's not that hard really

Ok thanks for that, looks like I'll be looking for a ph1 engine loom then!

If you've still got an LPG conversion on JB are your gas solenoid(s) piggy backing the ECU's injector trigger?

Check injector 3 has power first and then do a continuity check on the trigger line before going mental with a loom swap.

They are yes, it seems intermittent whether it gets power or not - sometimes the car misses (only on unleaded) and sometimes not. But tbh they've done such a s**t job of the wiring I think I'm better starting again with a new loom and doing the wiring myself. Neatly!

cleaned and fitted HID's and a carbon front end kit
null_zps0b98e072.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Ok thanks for that, looks like I'll be looking for a ph1 engine loom then!

They are yes, it seems intermittent whether it gets power or not - sometimes the car misses (only on unleaded) and sometimes not. But tbh they've done such a s**t job of the wiring I think I'm better starting again with a new loom and doing the wiring myself. Neatly!

Yeah, most likely a poor joint somewhere but check your spark plugs to. My Megane eats plugs and needs a new set every 12k and gives similar random misfiring under boost issues.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Not today, but over the weekend fitted a KTEC Supersport Stealth system, ripped out the heatshields as they were gopping and resting on the exhaust and also fitted some coilovers to the Ph1, as well as giving her a good clean!

clio 182
well i didnt do anything , but i did have an Akropovic fitted with a remap at Ktec with a 12 gain. Best exhaust i have ever bought sounds amazing :)

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Got a new splitter for rattle canning my mates irmscher splitter, already caught it getting off the drive
anyty9e2.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Taxed it, Started it and then turned it off because my balls are now in the hands of my wife and she made me do "the gardens" #ghey

Missing it so much and cannot wait to drive it!

Renault Clio182 bean
I only bought this car 2 weeks ago, but this is what I did today, Changed my front brakes, fitted a new clamp to the olive joint on the cat and also fitted a new fitting kit on the front of the cat(springs/bolts+fire ring) to sort an annoying exhaust blow. Removed the old locking wheel nuts(have no key due to previous owner losing it) and fitted a new wolf-race locking set. Cleaned/polished/waxed afterwards of course ;).... I wont list what I did on it last weekend as I will just remind myself how much im spending on it :dead:

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Fixed my ac being stuck on hot all the time.
I hate doing any work in the footwell it's far too awkward and cramped.

LY FF182
Oil change. Had to fit a non genuine sump plug washer though as Renault Leicester sent one that was too big!