ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you got suspension wise and why?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Will have 2 take me 4a quick spin along the road at garage 1day ;)

MOT tomorrow then some setup over the weekend if it's not icy, then I'll take anyone out who's interested :)
Bedford Trackday on March 26th too

Last edited:

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
I have danny's Spax coilovers, very impressed so far, still need a full "Proper" setup tho need to pull my finger out. :)

Alot of people seem to suggest the sportlines with standerd shocks. Are there any nengative effects in relation to the shocks etc from running the car with this setup or is it wise to purchase some new shocks also?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Alot of people seem to suggest the sportlines with standerd shocks. Are there any nengative effects in relation to the shocks etc from running the car with this setup or is it wise to purchase some new shocks also?

any lowering springs will shorten the life of old shocks. That goes for any car really. I did a pair of rears last week, and a pair of fronts today on cars that have had just lowering springs for a few months.

any lowering springs will shorten the life of old shocks. That goes for any car really. I did a pair of rears last week, and a pair of fronts today on cars that have had just lowering springs for a few months.

cheers for your help ill bare that in mind, thanks

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Konigsport coilovers
Omp front strut brace
Whiteline rear arb
Pure motorsport top mounts

WRX
Dampers, springs and roll bar.
All to my own personal spec.
Yep.... Standard.
Cos I can't afford anything else yet.

ph2 172
standard front.(i think?)
trophy rear.
sportsline springs all round.
Did come on apex -40mm but found it to harsh.

Bendunn

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy #24 NimbusR27
Sachs all round, been refurbed again last month for peace of mind, Whiteline Arb, Sticks like Sh#t!
sorry if i sound silly but whats the diffrence between pinned and unpinned Sashs?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Running AST's, Pure motorsport top mounts and brace, Whiteline rear ARB.

Just waiting on the front lower arm strengthening and bearing kit, aswell as the rear beam strengthening and bearing kit.
Not sure what to do after that, time will tell :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Currently on 40mm apex springs with standard shocks :(

A set of coilovers are on the cards next year with a whiteline RARB.

I dont find the apex springs too bad tbhm everyone seems to slate them but they give a nice height and they're not toooooo bad!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ive got Dans Spax road kit, not fitted it yet as ive sent my front suspension off to be powder coated.
Also got the anti roll bar and wish bones fitted with the new type of polly bushes.

Can not wait to get it back on the road :D