ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you guys beat in your clios

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Welcome to CS. What are you driving? Clio or BMW?
It can be entertaining on here. Especially if your first post is along the lines of " what have you beaten in your 182".
Youll also find alot of useful people who can help out if you have any problems.

Clio 182
Welcome to CS. What are you driving? Clio or BMW?
It can be entertaining on here. Especially if your first post is along the lines of " what have you beaten in your 182".
Youll also find alot of useful people who can help out if you have any problems.
Ironically, my daily was an M140 for 3 years. Now it's a generic German estate diesel...and the Clio.

I should probably drop a post in the new members but I'm waiting to take a few pics of the car. Long story short, I've owned a couple of RS's previously. Renault are a client of mine and I've launched new Clio RS in 2013, along with many other Renault models.

When looking for a 182 as a base for a track car, I stumbled across an immaculate dry stored Petrol Blue car, 79k miles with full history. I've just had it fully serviced with belts / dephaser etc at a specialsit and MOT'd. I can't modify / track it obviously, as it's a rare car, so now I'm torn what to do. Happy to just look at it each day and the occasional drive for now😁

Clio 182
I'd slap a cheap Chinese turbo on it, boost till at least 300bhp and see if you can find any more Dereks out there.

And get pics of the Petrol Blue up ASAP! Not based near North Wales by any chance for a PB photoshoot?
I live in Northampton, but, have a small cottage I'm renovating in Corwen, on the edge of Snowdonia. I lived in Betws-Y-Coed for yesrs so know North Wales well. Whereabouts are you?

I plan on going back to Wales in the Clio this week and get some good pics while I'm there. In the meantime, here it is after its service....

Attachments

• 01ED4303-2589-41EB-8C50-CE464425D5D4.jpeg
    01ED4303-2589-41EB-8C50-CE464425D5D4.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 105

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
That looks brilliant!

Will have to get some pics this summer together with @HAP, three Petrol Blues together will be quite unique I think.

I'm just off the A55 near Rhyl so not far from Corwen at all.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I got dusted by a polo GTI in mine. Some kid up my arse off a roundabout one night, “ha, I’ll show you junior”... thing just sailed passed me when I was at full chat up the bypass.

Seemed odd to me at first as I’m old and a polo was always a slow old woman’s car, but they’ve been turbo for a while so could have been decent power I guess.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I got dusted by a polo GTI in mine. Some kid up my arse off a roundabout one night, “ha, I’ll show you junior”... thing just sailed passed me when I was at full chat up the bypass.

Seemed odd to me at first as I’m old and a polo was always a slow old woman’s car, but they’ve been turbo for a while so could have been decent power I guess.

300hp is very cheap and easily attainable in those b******s!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I beat a boke in a Mercedes E whatever around Tinsley viaduct roundabout the other week. Fucker was changing lanes every 15 mins and I scooted around the outside lane when some idiot left a gap. Still took an hour and a half to do a 3 minute journey. c***s who crash at rush hour should be banned.

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
I live in Northampton, but, have a small cottage I'm renovating in Corwen, on the edge of Snowdonia. I lived in Betws-Y-Coed for yesrs so know North Wales well. Whereabouts are you?

I plan on going back to Wales in the Clio this week and get some good pics while I'm there. In the meantime, here it is after its service....
Your PB looks great! Would be great to get all of our PB's together for a few pictures!

Im near Llanberis by the way!

Reactions: MLB

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I was shocked at how quick those little fiat 500 abarth cars are. I had a go at one a few months back and couldn't get past. Was good fun though and both appreciated it with a thumbs up.

Last edited:

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My finances have been beaten by my clio. It was supposed to be a cheap fun car. I should have taken up cocaine instead. At least there are treatments for cocaine addiction.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Don't forget the DSG fartbox with the stomp & go driving mentality saving the driver any third pedal and manual change issues.

Driven the neighbours Polo GTi and although it felt like you'd never see double-figures in MPG when the gearbox is set to Sport - in most scenarios I bet it would beat the 182.

It's a lardy fecker though and the Clio 'felt' light when I drove both cars back-to-back.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Its subjective. I just bought a 182 last week and sold it within 4 days, that needed about £1200 spent on it.

Depends what that was on I guess.

If it was a gearbox rebuild or bodywork/rust it’d put me off or at least require a serious discount but I don’t really sign up to the whole “it needs £1000 of servicing” so it needs to be £1000 cheaper.

To me the price of maintenance is a moot point really as I don’t think about just flipping cars these days. Where do people draw the line with timing belt jobs as far as time goes? I see it all the time in Facebook (argh) where the stupid laughing emoji appears on someone’s for sale ad with some chav saying “I’ll give you £1500 as it’ll need a belt next year” Are people willing to pay the asking price if it’s just had the belt done and want a £250 discount for every year it’s been since!

Also that type of menace is the sort to want a massive discount then get the car and run it into the ground anyway.

I did think it’s really indicative of where these cars used to be in the market. Sub £1k at one point so in the hands of kids and the £500-£1000 service was a big deal.

I tend to want to go through everything myself if I’m keeping a car. To me the most important factor on these cars now is the bodywork and underside.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Its subjective. I just bought a 182 last week and sold it within 4 days, that needed about £1200 spent on it.
I'm still not sure I understand. Was it a lot of work? Are you saying they're money pits?

I really think they are properly easy to work on! Parts are ridiculously cheap and things don't tend to really go wrong