ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered a 20m hose and reel for the pressure washer, the hose that came with it has split and I’m fed up of taking all the stuff in and out of the garage when I want to clean the cars. Should make things easier and I’ll look to mount the PW on the wall out of the way at some point as well.
Where did you get the hose from? The one on my karcher is starting to split and the damn thing coils itself up into a knot as soon as I've unreeled it. 😡

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Where did you get the hose from? The one on my karcher is starting to split and the damn thing coils itself up into a knot as soon as I've unreeled it. 😡
Got mine from Marcus at directhoses.com. He’s really helpful as well.

mine was doing the same and then you’re always dragging the PW about did my head in. This is so much easier!
7F75B58A-61A7-4D57-9D16-545D965F1F41.jpeg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Spent ages the other day comparing products across multiple sites, and then bought a load of auto finesse stuff because I couldn't be arsed with multiple p&p and deliveries 😂.
IMG_20220318_174117.jpg

IMG_20220318_174556.jpg

Ordered yesterday morning and arrived at 7.30 this morning on the free 5-7 day delivery👍.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Are those the 1L ones ? I've seen they have an offer until the end of the month, you get 1L stuff for the price of 500ml, not for all, but must of them are in this offer.

BMW 320d SE
Ordered some Soft99 Ultra Glaco for the windscreens in our cars. Seems to get good reviews and looks easy enough to apply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: riz
  BMW 320d SE
Ordered some Soft99 Ultra Glaco for the windscreens in our cars. Seems to get good reviews and looks easy enough to apply.

The Ultra Glaco arrived today. I’ve applied it to front and rear windscreens on both our cars for now. Cleaned the glass first with regular glass cleaner. The Glaco is super easy to apply. The felt applicator dispenses the right amount of liquid. It dries quickly and is a breeze to buff off with a microfibre. Thankfully no rain is forecast for the next few days so it will have ample time to cure. I guess I can’t properly say how good it is until we have a decent wet spell. I’ll report back once the heavens have opened.

BMW 320d SE
Auto Finesse are doing their 1 litre bottles for the price of 500ml if anyone is interested. Bought a litre of Iron Out.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Few bits from cleanyourcar. Drying towel new to me as is the Gyeon PPF maintain - the latter for the film I’ve had applied to the piano black on my daily

14677A46-0E85-4575-96B5-77E6A35A89AE.jpeg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Does anybody have a water filter at home?

I'm debating getting one, the water is really soft where I live and by jesus, if you leave water on the car for 5mins whilst cleaning the car you're in water spot hell. So, I've just looked at a Vyair 11 liter resin water filter but I've genuinely not a clue what I'm looking for or where's best.

I have a water softener, shower screen etc is crystal clear all year round now so I imagine it would make a huge difference washing the car.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a Vyair 11l filter. Got it via their store on Ebay as that was cheaper than via their website.

Got a cheap ebay ppm meter to check periodically if it's still at 0ppm. Used it about 20 times now I guess and still showing 0ppm.

Don't use it for washing though, only rinse and only when I can't be bothered drying in winter or when it's hot and sunny.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I recently purchased one of these.

Only used to flood rinse at end of wash. Decent enough.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Sounds like the right choice then, I'd use it for rinsing but christ, the other day all I did was jet wash crap off my car and within about 5minutes the windows looked an absolute mess.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've got a DI Vessel and like @Sunglasses_Ron just use it at the end usually as a final rinse. Need to replace my resin though as the ppm has gone up to about 40 as apposed to 0.

Our water is mega hard, over 300ppm prior going through the vessel. I'd recommend them to anyone!

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
I used one of the Aquagleam ones years ago as our water was harder than Lenny McLean. Got about 15 full car rinses out of it.

New house has a new softener but not for the outside tap. Debating adding a proper filter as my driveway is in direct sun all day although around this time of year I start washing at least one of the cars on a Friday evening when the sun’s not on the drive.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Debating adding a proper filter as my driveway is in direct sun all day although around this time of year I start washing at least one of the cars on a Friday evening when the sun’s not on the drive.

Yeah, mines direct sunlight all day long... when it's out, but the wind did the drying the other day.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
I was all excited for new products instead we got new stickers 😔
They’ve tweaked a few of the formulas and spray heads are improved (never had an issue to be fair). There’s some new new stuff in the pipeline apparently but I guess it’s a case of “if it ain’t broke” etc.

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy Rs265
This Lady really knows what she is doing - only way to get Super clean around the edges is use the Pressure washer - also door panels and carpets - been doing it for years.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered a few bits to keep on top of the Leon;

Surfex HD - 5L
Auto foam - 5L
Nanolex Interior dressing
Stubby gun for the jet wash and new foam lance
New wax applicator pads
Fish scale cloths for the glass
New detailing brushes
Pet hair brush
Weel brush
Couple of new drying towels
Couple of new wash pads

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
Bought a new snowfoam lance as I took apart my old one to change the filter, but it didn't work out and filled the bottle instead of spraying out.

Also bought a bottle of meguiars NXT shampoo, haven't used since I got my first car. The smell of it reminds me of my 1st car lol

Attachments

• IMG20220826163919.jpg
    IMG20220826163919.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 45