ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Bumder With A Buffer
Re: What have you ordered?

ITR is better at removing the sticky s**t that my Mitsi badge was held on with....

I'll give you that, great at removing residues from Velcro'd on number plates.

Bumder With A Buffer

Aye...I managed to get my front badge off okay earlier but god knows how im going to get the rear one off! Fishing line I reckon

Hi

7841c181.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer

Put it in a bottle with a chemical resistant head...spray a bit on and watch it do its magic..might need a couple of squirts but it does do what it says...I used it yesterday for the first time.

ph2 172

I'll have to try some once they start actually fixing pot holes round here so I can get tar onto my paint.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

Just ordered some Tardis, bottle, chemical resistant spray head and a couple of microfibres from Polished Bliss.

Kroozin, if you want some Tardis you can save a good couple of quid on postage if you order it today from PB.

You bought an off Gally? I wouldn't advise using an out of date Gally, could cause you issues...

soon to be 182 ;)

You bought an off Gally? I wouldn't advise using an out of date Gally, could cause you issues...

haha you know what i mean . . JD will the collinites 476 be ok on my wheels as well as car

Very much so lad. It is a hard wearing wax so will last OK. However, don't forget, your wheels receive a great deal of stress, in comparison to your bodywork, eg more salt/grime/grit and also large quantities of heat. While the 476 will last better than most waxes, it will not be as effective as a specifically designed wheel wax that holds temperature resistant properties.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Pmsl! Me and you have had this wheel wax discussion before. :eek:

Todd if you have a look at my last thread I apllied it to my wheels and they are still going strong after winter, the brake dust washes off and I have a lot of brake dust!

soon to be 182 ;)

Pmsl! Me and you have had this wheel wax discussion before. :eek:

Todd if you have a look at my last thread I apllied it to my wheels and they are still going strong after winter, the brake dust washes off and I have a lot of brake dust!

ok cheers mate just wondered whether i needed to buy a wheel sealent or wax as well but if collinite will do thats fine :)

Personally I would buy some Poorboys WS as well, as it's only £15.

Bumder With A Buffer

That FK1000p seems a bit better then collinite on the wheels....Mine are fubar'd now and need a refurb...as well as being diagnosed with a faulty AYC solenoid yesterday :(

Edit oh I seem to be a forum user WTF

soon to be 182 ;)

That FK1000p seems a bit better then collinite on the wheels....Mine are fubar'd now and need a refurb...as well as being diagnosed with a faulty AYC solenoid yesterday :(

Edit oh I seem to be a forum user WTF

you gotta renew ya membership buddy?

:(

More;

Werkstat Prime Carnauba
Werkstat Carnauba Jett
Werkstat Carnauba Glos

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Smiles!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to hearing your reports mate, i'll plump for the acrylic kit soon. Have prime strong now anyway.

I've had the Prime for a while, but because the sills are red, thought I might as well use it on them and keep the gloss constant :)

GTD, Lupo

2 noodle bright orange noodle mitts from asda, 6 micro fibres from asda, 2 flash detailing brushes
AG intensive tar remover

next items on the list to get: I4D drying towel, grit guards !!!

If these are the ones that come all rolled up, 2 pink, 2 blue and 2 yellow i would test them on a cd. They are very harsh, and can course damage.

Just a heads up.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

Finally bought some BH soft clay.

When it arrives, I'll eventually be able to use my Tardis and Werkstat Acrylic Kit :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

The soft stuff is great mate, put a little warm water in a spray bottle with a pea sized drop of shampoo and away you got.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

I was umming and arring about whether to get the soft stuff or the regular but I thought, seeing as though it will be my first time claying a car, I better opt for the soft with the weather still being cold.

ph2 172

If these are the ones that come all rolled up, 2 pink, 2 blue and 2 yellow i would test them on a cd. They are very harsh, and can course damage.

Just a heads up.

had a read of my "detail brush for £1" thread done a cd test in there, its in this section

GTD, Lupo

Ahh nice one, results seem to be the same as what i got. Just use mine to apply 303 to all the hard to reach areas.

You get what you pay for with MFs. It's the same with drying towels, wash mitts and wheel brushes.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

^ Teh boy knows! Those plush Eurow ones are so sweet, I use them with my Z6 a lot and they are actually awesome! :eek:

Had my Prime strong delivered yesterday mate, little bday present from PB.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I want a swissvax brush now you cnut! :( FML!

mAILED!

Bumder With A Buffer

What a swissvax wheel brush???

Just buy normal oil painting ones for £1?!!!