ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Re: What have you ordered?

Have u used this pal? whats it like i could do with some protection on my wheels, will it stop stone chips on them do you think. been using collonite 476 every couple of weeks on them

cheers

It won't stop stone chips

F56 MINI Cooper S

that sucks, anything recommended to stop stone chips? what does this sealent actually do then?

I don't think any wax will stop stone chips.

I not an expert but I think it makes the water just run off also the dirt therefore keeping them clean for longer also makes it easier to clean the next time round.

Someone here will have the proper answer.

STEALTH RAIDER

The only chance of reducing stone chips would be to use the aquartz ceramic sealant and put a few coats on.

F56 MINI Cooper S

No poorboys is a wheel sealeant isnt it? not a wax . Ideally i dont want to have them resprayed due to the chips esp on the rear wheels.

BMW E46 330i Touring

Research sealant over on detailingworld Jordi, it's not going to harden. That would ruin the finish of the wheels as it would be essentially a thick clearcoat.

Wheel sealant just adds a layer of durable 'wax' on the wheels. It means that all dirt and brake dust is sitting on this instead of the paintwork itself. It means it doesn't bake onto the wheels and is easier to remove. Well sealed wheels should enable you to just rinse and wipe off all dirt.

Not a 320d

I am, i've never really bothered about them before, my envy ones are fine but I had to have one.

What do you make of the Swissvax one then Gally?

I had a right corker lying about, soft brissles and lots of them spread out in such a way that it was perfect for cleaning wheels. Ive lost it and have since been using espuma and a noodle mitt.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

It's lush, it's for paintwork, badges, grilles, shuts only though, I use my envy ones on the wheels.

It's so soft I think i'll need to get another one eventually! :eek:

Polished Bliss set?

Yes and no. Not the "set" in that I ordered more Prime and Jett because I needed them, and decided to try the Glos. However, bought separately they are £46 delivered, where as the set is £54. I don't need the towels or applicators, so seemed a waste...

You won't find any product to stop chips. Protective film maybe..

I'm considering getting this http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-carnauba-kit-cat1.html#aZWSCK001

Question, I take it all three stages are after polishing?

Spot on buddy. The Prime will get a heck of a lot of dirt out of paint work that looks perfectly clean. Love it. Also great for hard to reach areas as it cleans and layers down protection at the same time. Great for door shuts, grills, wing mirrors, glass, interior wood/metal/shiny plastics etc...

This for the Everinloveora?

No poorboys is a wheel sealeant isnt it? not a wax . Ideally i dont want to have them resprayed due to the chips esp on the rear wheels.

You're mis-understanding the word sealant fella. In this scenario, it seals the paint work from contaminants, not from stone chips and scratches.

Research sealant over on detailingworld Jordi, it's not going to harden. That would ruin the finish of the wheels as it would be essentially a thick clearcoat.

Wheel sealant just adds a layer of durable 'wax' on the wheels. It means that all dirt and brake dust is sitting on this instead of the paintwork itself. It means it doesn't bake onto the wheels and is easier to remove. Well sealed wheels should enable you to just rinse and wipe off all dirt.

:Approve:

It's lush, it's for paintwork, badges, grilles, shuts only though, I use my envy ones on the wheels.

It's so soft I think i'll need to get another one eventually! :eek:

Swoon <3

Yeah it is. Just fancy treating myself to some new gear..

Just need to not go overboard!

Looks like my snowfoam has 'thickened' robably due to the winter.. Will it recover? Or is that it ruined?

Yeah it is. Just fancy treating myself to some new gear..

Just need to not go overboard!

Looks like my snowfoam has 'thickened' robably due to the winter.. Will it recover? Or is that it ruined?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

The prime should be used after machine polishing Justin. PB use a MF applicator to pull the dirt out the paint.

We had a little discussion last week, prime should actually be used before and after machine polishing.

The reason for this is the paint should be clean before polishing. So the right way is to do it twice but 95% of people wouldn't bother. Good theory though.

Then iirc you just start layering the Jett!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I want pics after it's been done and wearing Glasur!

Spot on both. To give you an idea, this is a photo from PB after a machine polishing - just look at what it removes from an otherwise presumed clean surface!

View attachment 51429

Also to point out, it is an easier product by hand as it means no taping up and easier to reach in the hard areas. Shuts and the like are a dream with it. Love the product.

In all honesty, I would be tempted to suggest the Carnauba kit for your colour as well, although the pop might be best with the ACryllic kit... decisions decisions...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Can't wait to break the strong out mate! ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Initially I thought it had light abrasives like LP, so I started looking at it. Even after I found out it didn't contain any i thought it would still be the better choice if using a machine to apply and do the rest by hand.

So really got it for it's machine ability. Also most other people had prime so I fancied trying the stonger one. :)

Also someone mentioned last night... Prime + a polish like P1,UF,203'S on the same pad... Like Lime prime on steroids!

Yeah I've heard similar stories actually. I'm wanting to try a few things this next detail time, 203s with the Prime, 3.02 on a 3M (not needed to step up that far so far!) and a decent finishing pad with some RMG... Maybe some P1, but we'll see.

Can I paypal you for some 3M finishings lad?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

You want some Blue stuff? Sample?

I'd need a little pot to put it in. :(

Yeah I fancy trying a few different things out this year, wet sanding my bonnet aswell, should be fun!

203's with the prime could be very cool! Looking forward to trying my EZ creme out aswell.

F56 MINI Cooper S

what will ruin the finish of my wheels, sealent? Im not sure what to use, would you reccommend using collinite 476 on them as i have been a couple of times now. Cheers - Jordi

I want pics after it's been done and wearing Glasur!

I'll post some up!

Also to point out, it is an easier product by hand as it means no taping up and easier to reach in the hard areas. Shuts and the like are a dream with it. Love the product.

In all honesty, I would be tempted to suggest the Carnauba kit for your colour as well, although the pop might be best with the ACryllic kit... decisions decisions...

Going to actually go into Polished Bliss tomorrow and ask their opinions, see what they reckon is best for my colour. Cheers boys

STEALTH RAIDER

You want some Blue stuff? Sample?

I'd need a little pot to put it in. :(

Yeah I fancy trying a few different things out this year, wet sanding my bonnet aswell, should be fun!

203's with the prime could be very cool! Looking forward to trying my EZ creme out aswell.

Ez creme is good stuff gally, For the price i dont think you will stop using it once youve started! :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Thanks dude, love any glaze really!

ph2 172

Just ordered I4D clay, DJ Born Slippy, I4D plush triple pack mf's, and I4D blue drying towel :)

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

30litres of ixtar TFR, best fricking tfr going, FACT

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Sounds like something i'd use on a transit.

I can't wait for the better weather to crack the G220 out..

I'm planning a monster full day job, wheels off etc

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Can't beat it mate, wish you were closer!

Like wise to both! Cannot wait, but wish the Evora was round the corner! And the FRP!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Both such rewarding colours mate, the orange would be a dream to detail I think.

The shape of it might be cnut!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

http://www.shinearama.co.uk/

What a cracking website by the way!

No idea why it's took so long to look on it. Easily the biggest stockist of products i've seen. Will be placing an order soon.