ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Not a 320d
Re: What have you ordered?

Was Shampoo plus always watery? I used it about 5 years ago for a long time and then went round the block for 2-3 years testing other shampoos like duragloss etc. Gone back to shampoo plus & BTBM as my main 2 and it just seems so runny. I seem to remember it being quite thick.

Not a 320d

Thats how remember it, ive shaken it well and while it made a slight difference the last 2 tubs ive had have been fairly runny.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member

I tried out the pads today, and quite liked them. I need to get some 4" / 5" pads though, the Sonus ones were massive. Polishes seemed a little oily to me though? I also tried SSR3 on a panel, and wasn't hugely impressed with the results, if I'm honest.
Marc did you look at the pro?

I ordered that SV wheel brush yesterday JD, I had to have it! And a couple of megs bottle to decant my glass/wheel stuff into. :)

I did look at the Pro, and was to-ing and fro-ing between the two. I went for the older DAS-6 in the end, just because people seem to be familiar with it, and satisfied with it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Cool mate... Awaiting delivery of...

31Jx7zvErLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It'll look pretty next to it's brother! :eek:

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member

They're next on my shopping list, I need some new brushes!

172 RS Ph1

I have ordered 6'5 inch pads for my rotary from Lake Country.

Going to the Curved Edge pads, normally work with the Kompressor ones.

Not a 320d

Cool mate... Awaiting delivery of...

31Jx7zvErLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It'll look pretty next to it's brother! :eek:

Out of bloody stock!!!

Ill hunt you down if these arent any good. Only buying it because you are. And yes id jump off a cliff if you told me to.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Love the use of the word "decant" Gallister. x
I do try. :eek:

CobyToby, did you order both mate, they really are in a different league, you only need 1 of each or maybe 2 of each at a push. They're lush. :eek:

Not a 320d

Not ordered yet buddy! Waiting for the wheel brush to come back in stock so i can buy it. Been using a vikanbrush recently.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Vikan stuff is good mate, I bought a long reach one a few weeks ago with vxr marc's group buy, my wheels are deep so I needed a better brush.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172

This thread has turned out to be "decant" as gally would put it :D Getting a kestral Das-6 with black and white hex logic pads all brand new for £75 from a guy from work, Bargin! Gonna order a bag, smaller back plate and some polish am thinking menzerna 80RE any comments on that polish?

Also thinking about getting a red hex logic pad for applying my glaze.

Not a 320d

Gally - I love the vikan, got the short version of yours. I couldnt get a brush under my arches if i tried. See below....

Stu - On my GT's paintwork Power finish and the green hex logic pad was sufficient for 1 hit correction although the defects were limited, in some of the worse areas like the bonnet (thanks to the dealership) it needed 2 hits for correction and so ill be using the combo again on the G220, id reccomend you invest in the green as im not sure the white will cut it (pun intended). f**k the bag and the glaze. If youre going to remove defects whats the point, may as well use a sealant after an IPA wipedown or apply a pre wax cleaner and wax. I assume you have clay etc?

IMG00385-20110210-1413-1.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

This thread has turned out to be "decant" as gally would put it :D Getting a kestral Das-6 with black and white hex logic pads all brand new for £75 from a guy from work, Bargin! Gonna order a bag, smaller back plate and some polish am thinking menzerna 80RE any comments on that polish?

It was meant to say decant mate, decanting my other products into my new bottles. :)

BMW E46 330i Touring

I've got a nice soft Vikan brush for my wheels. 1000% better than using an old mitt!

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172

The bag is something i need anyways mate am scared of leaving my products in my sisters garage, her lad would use a full bottle of shampoo and use all my microfibres on his fishing gear lol. I dont clay i just cant see where al have the the time tbh, is this lyk a must before correcting the paint work? And the glaze is something i would use just for the extra gloss as WD gives a awesome shine to my car :D i would obv be waxing it to.

Last edited:

Polished Bliss have a decent cheap bag which is worth getting

I posted a pic a few pages back

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I'll have a look Justin as I need a new one. Had my one far too long!

STEALTH RAIDER

Ok iv gone all out this week! Got rid of all my school boy cleaning products! Here is what I have ordered off cleanyourcar

Chemical guys citrus wash and gloss
Cleanyourcar wash bucket set
Dodo juice wash sponge
Foam lance
Cleanyourcar huge "fluffy drying towel"
Meguiars quick clay kit
Menzerna intensive polish (p085rd 3.02)
Menzerna final finish (po 106 fa)
Clearkote vanilla moose wax hand glaze
Dodo juice diamond white
Chemical guys synthetic quick detailler
1" round wheel and detail brush
Ez detail brush mini
Chemical guys new look trim gel
Trim and tyre dressing applicator
Sonus sfx pro applicator x2
Meguiars foam applicator x2
Ulimate ultra plush buffing cloth x3

Glad you got it all mate :cool:

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172

Yeah mate thats the one am going for £6.99 mate at work told me about it matches the polisher am buying. Cheers

Not a 320d

The bag is something i need anyways mate am scared of leaving my products in my sisters garage, her lad would use a full bottle of shampoo and use all my microfibres on his fishing gear lol. I dont clay i just cant see where al have the the time tbh, is this lyk a must before correcting the paint work? And the glaze is something i would use just for the extra gloss as WD gives a awesome shine to my car :D i would obv be waxing it to.

I would only use a glaze for filling swirls but your right they do look good. Id sooner lay down a good strong sealant and then top it off with a wax. especially after a full machine polish.

If your paintwork is covered in bonded contaminates which it will be then they will transfer to your pad/s when polishing, which will then marr the f**k out of your paintwork. Ill admit ive done it before, polished a car without claying and I really struggled and had to keep washing my pads every pannel because they were covered in s**te. Especially the bottom half of the doors and front quater pannels.

Its not a huge job atall. I wash the car, drag it into the garage and then dry the car. I then go round the car claying it with last touch as a lube or any quick detailer I have lying about (so long as its not synthetic) and just wipe each pannel dry with the towel after claying it. Last touch (and other detailers) are a good drying aid and can be used to spritz a pad before polishing. Yes, it is a must. I clay atleast once a year, usually every 6 months. Your last stage products such as wax or sealant will bond better too.

A machine polish will take you a good 4-5 hours I rekon, maybe less if youve done it before, claying takes a short period of time if you work quickly.

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172

Will clay remove my current wax so al have a fresh base? And the thing is i live in a flat and i only have excess to my sister garage on a saturday between when ever i get up til about 5 so itl be a hard push.

Not a 320d

Yeah, itll leave you with fairly clean paintwork. im sure gally and JD will back me up with what ive said.

Wonder if you should look into ONR (optimum no rinse) shampoo then. Id book yourself 2 days off to do it and start early. Wash, dry, clay, make sure its dry, tape up with 3M blue tape, machine polish, wipe down with IPA, drag car out, wash again to remove dust, dry, back in the garage then apply what you want.

Get a good washing technique going and treat your washing and drying gear like gold, you dont have to spend big bucks to maintain a car well. Be careful how you dry though, a lot of people will tell you swirls come from washing, when actually a crap drying towel will cause havok with your paintwork. Took me about 6 months to figure out it was my sonus waffle towles shafting my paintwork on my old black clio.

172 RS Ph1

Yeah, itll leave you with fairly clean paintwork. im sure gally and JD will back me up with what ive said.

Wonder if you should look into ONR (optimum no rinse) shampoo then. Id book yourself 2 days off to do it and start early. Wash, dry, clay, make sure its dry, tape up with 3M blue tape, machine polish, wipe down with IPA, drag car out, wash again to remove dust, dry, back in the garage then apply what you want.

Get a good washing technique going and treat your washing and drying gear like gold, you dont have to spend big bucks to maintain a car well. Be careful how you dry though, a lot of people will tell you swirls come from washing, when actually a crap drying towel will cause havok with your paintwork. Took me about 6 months to figure out it was my sonus waffle towles shafting my paintwork on my old black clio.

+1, a drying towel inflicted with dirt will scratch like %@$#%, since there's not a lot of water left to lubricate when drying a car.

Clay indeed will remove your wax layer, and probably also will cause some very light scratches. Following up with a light polish is recommanded!

Have fun!

I'm hoping for good weather tomorrow. Wife is working all day so planning a big cleaning session!

It was meant to say decant mate, decanting my other products into my new bottles. :)

SAAAwoooonn :) Love the word decant. It usually precedes something epic.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

I'm hoping for good weather tomorrow. Wife is working all day so planning a big cleaning session!
Fingers crossed for you dude.

As asked mate, hows the tar on the Evora? Bad?

SAAAwoooonn :) Love the word decant. It usually precedes something epic.
Like a very very fine Red.

Or Port.

FFFUUUU I want Port now, it's 5 minutes into legal Port drinking time :(

Ah, it's pretty bad on the parts just below the doors, it collects all the shite of the day. Also want to try out my Werkstat kit aswell :)

I'm trying to recruit a certain V6 driving Jew to help tomorrow.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Werkstat will blow your mind on that colour mate, don't top with anything other than Jett for the ultimate look.

Ah, it's pretty bad on the parts just below the doors, it collects all the shite of the day. Also want to try out my Werkstat kit aswell :)

Nose.

Not a 320d

YES!!!! Thats f**king funny stuff.

Hes actually a jew then?

Werkstat will blow your mind on that colour mate, don't top with anything other than Jett for the ultimate look.

Hope so! Forecast isn't looking too promising so might just be a football day tomorrow!