ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Not a 320d
Maybe it was the new stuff I used on my clio then.

Regardless it was dog s**t. Gtechniq have really fucked the new product up.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Mine was the old formula, or so I believe?

No real bad watermarks, so fingers crossed it won't be to bad to remove and re apply. This was on Ford paint and not Renault

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Does it not come with a backing plate, as the 800 did, or are you referring to a spot pad? I just got the standard CYC ones that looked a little similar to the 3m range

ITB BG 182
Big order for me recently.
Nilfisk C120 8PAD PW thingy
Autbrite HD SF Lance
Magifoam 5L with 1L of some thing else
New uber drying towel
carpro wash mitt
a few 1" round brush's

Mini JCW
Received a small order from i4detailing today - a very quick turnaround from ordering to delivery - Impressed!

Thinking of a tried and tested sealant like FK1000p for winter, for wheels and paintwork - thoughts?

Mini JCW
Cheers lads.

Managed to correct half the car today. 2 bits of bad news :

1) There's an obvious circular patch of paint on the 3/4 panel, with deep sanding marks obvious around it, under the lacquer - so I assume it's seen a bit of filler at some point :(. Managed to make it less obvious with a medium compound combo - how I missed it when viewing the car I don't know.

2) Fcuking water residue marks! As i'm doing a panel at a time, rinsed the panels but only dried the ones I was working on - the freshly corrected bonnet has hard water marks all over it now :(

Damn getting a black car!

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Ep801 has arrived

On initial startup it felt an sounded clunky. So I was worried

I slowly turned it up to full chat and left it on cruise for about 20 seconds, then gradually brought the speeds back down. Feels well run in now. Seemed to sort out the slight clunking anyway

Nice balanced machine indeed, great value!

3m backing plates it is!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Takes a while to break them in mate. The grease needs to get moving around inside etc. it's not a quiet machine but it gets smoother. :)

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Even after a few minutes it got better. Look forward to giving it a try on some cars

Glad I never bought the silverline

Not a 320d
Christ I remember my forearms a few weeks back when I did that Z4. Forgot my EP and had to make do with the S1M I had at the house. Right effort.

Not a 320d
On that note, I literally have no idea what I need to buy this month. Some MF cloths as ive been putting that off for a while now. Think im sorted as far as detailing gear is concerned. 5 years and Ive finally done it. I have everything I could possibly need.

Help :(

Megane R26
I'm getting some of these badges on Monday

8126188316_7b11bcf301.jpg

Swissvax_Label_Detailer by RussZS, on Flickr

Megane R26
Thanks Gents :)

I passed the Assessment so am now 'Swissvax Authorised' for the Midlands and will be on their stand at The Classic Car Show!!

We also have Tinting, Leather Restoration and PDR available now, with Wrapping following in January.

Eventually I will be the Swissvax Car Care Centre in the Midlands - a one stop shop for anything cosmetic for a car!

New unit next week too with air con and scissor ramp!! We've spent £22k this year on training and equipment!!

Megane R26
I still have a day job but I have 2-3 people helping me moving forward who will mainly be doing the tinting, PDR and leather bits.

I want to maintain the detailing part and also lead on the wrapping.

Busy busy, I just hope we remain busy!