ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

ITB BG 182
Just ordered Zymol Carbon (at last!)
Good man, Ive still got half a tub and its brilliant stuff, I usually reapply every 6 - 8 weeks.

Right one for the CQuartz people, this Reload stuff, is it meant to be that watery or has some one done me over?

An can Z-Carbon be added on top or is it pointless?

Good man, Ive still got half a tub and its brilliant stuff, I usually reapply every 6 - 8 weeks.

Right one for the CQuartz people, this Reload stuff, is it meant to be that watery or has some one done me over?

It is meant to be watery mate, give it a good shake as it seperates.

You can put Carbon over the top but it won't really add much. May make it look marginally better.

M2 Comp

Sorry should of made it clearer. I was just wondering how long I should leave it before applying a second layer of Carbon? Is it possible to do it in the same day or should I leave it for 24 hours or so?

Not a 320d
24 hours between coats is ideal - Id wait till you wash it then re apply a layer. Youll get no benefit from the second coat so soon either IMO.

e92 330i
  Not a 320d
Just ordered 5ltrs of Espuma Revolution. I must of gone through about 100 litres of this s**t over the years.

Next up is cloths fook!

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Just ordered 5ltrs of Espuma Revolution. I must of gone through about 100 litres of this s**t over the years.

Next up is cloths fook!

Just bought a litre sample of DW, hearing good things about espuma lately

I used their rd50 tyre shine last week and its brilliant!!

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Bulk brand by the looks, nice and simple products but work very well indeed by the looks!

The tyre shine ice used from them is amazing

Ill get you a tyre shine sample if you like?

Not a 320d
What is Espuma?

I know I'm being lazy by asking, but I trust the CS detailers' opinions more than DW.

Its like Autosmart, basically bulk valeting stuff. They do some good stuff, and some not so good.

Revolution is the wheel cleaner they offer. Alkaline, f**king strong and burns when you get it on your skin. Dilutes really well. Also doubles up as a strong TFR, I often douse heavily soiled panels on company vehicles as a minute or two of dwelling on flies will make sure they come off with the pressure washer.

Received my mini order today:

Meguiars #16 paste wax
2x grit guards
Wurth motorcycle spray wax (not sure what about it makes it for motorcycles lol)

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Picked up a gtechniq Arizona mitt and some prima amigo yesterday

And a polo bonnet to practice rotary technique on :)

Not a 320d
Its good s**t, actually works. Even with small dilution ratios its good. If you need a snowfoam then thats the one to have. Will be great for a winter grime pre wash. Im also going to try it as a bug spray too

ITB BG 182
Ok, back to report on the CQuartz now its been applied to the whole car and Reload'd too.

One word to describe it all = AMAZING!!

The car is alot darker than before, one hell of a differnt league in shiny shiny, was easier than I originally thought it would be to apply.

Its raining at the moment here and water on the side is just falling off.

I just need some thing slightly better for the wheels though, it dont like brake dust yet with minimal scrubbing they look brilliant.

1 small bottle has done 2 coats of the wheels, front and back bumper with 1 coat over rest of the car and I still have a qtr bottle left.

Anyone fancy doing my wheels in the gtech stuff?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
sounds good! is this the original or UK version.

GT C5 on wheels isn't that bad, as said by others it's all in the prep. So if you coped with CQ I'm sure you'll find it easy

ITB BG 182
Original version, I was told via email it would be slightly harder to apply but would last and be slightly better than UK version.

Prep work dont bother me, its being over 6'4" tall and now the thinnest of people having to crawl down to crab size to prep each wheel, thats what bothers me and sure as hell not taking the wheels off again.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
lazy b@stard!

one wheel off a weekend, job done. how can you clean and prep properly if you're not taking the wheels off? only coating the outside face?

ITB BG 182
Ive taken the wheels off maybe 4 times this past 3 months for stuff to be done, I had a repair from a mate that didnt know what high curbs was, then i marked 3 wheels myself like a d*&k, then I had a colour change, then a full clean out for cquartz.

I think I will leave it a while before taking them off again....

Not a 320d
AF Crystal............ 5 litres of.
FK1000p (My mate stole my tin).
Iron X.....1 Litre of.

Cant decide what to do with my car just yet for winter.

I want to go down the route of machine polish then C1 and top it with C1.5 every month over winter, but its due a respray (almost half the vehicle) and dont know if its worth using the C1 up on my car.

Alternatively Itll be AF Tripple and Fk1000p. Or Machine polish then FK1000p. Might top with a spray sealant or detailing spray over winter months if FK wont hold up.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure what to do yet either. The original plan was a semi permenant sealant (until I was left unimpressed by C1+ on the bonnet).

Now I might just leave the machine polish until spring time and give a normal protection detail of some kind.

Not a 320d
C1 and other nano sealants dont work on Renault paintwork I dont think.

Tried it on mine, lasted all of 5 washes I think. I know the new C1 doesnt "bead" as such and needs topping with 1.5.

But on the BMWs ive applied it to it beads really really well.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'm not sure what to do yet either. The original plan was a semi permenant sealant c**til I was left unimpressed by C1+ on the bonnet).

Now I might just leave the machine polish until spring time and give a normal protection detail of some kind.

What didn't you like about it? I applied it to my rear bumper and I personally thought I must got something wrong as it hasn't worked. all wheels and plastics are holding strong though

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
What didn't you like about it? I applied it to my rear bumper and I personally thought I must got something wrong as it hasn't worked. all wheels and plastics are holding strong though

Exactly that.

I was very methodical in the application but as soon as the C1.5 wore off there seemed to be nothing there, and it didn't hold up very well against bird s**t.

There was also the 'water spotting' problem which some others have experienced.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
mine was similar, it feels like it needs claying to remove a lot of bonded contamminants that won't wash off. there is definitely something there as it still kind of sheets, although no beading. will be giving the car a full de-con fairly soon so will inspect then.

Anyone with thoughts on removing C1? will a simple finishing polish and pad with a good dilution of IPA wipedown remove it

Not a 320d
mine was similar, it feels like it needs claying to remove a lot of bonded contamminants that won't wash off. there is definitely something there as it still kind of sheets, although no beading. will be giving the car a full de-con fairly soon so will inspect then.

Anyone with thoughts on removing C1? will a simple finishing polish and pad with a good dilution of IPA wipedown remove it

Nope. Needs a f**king good compounding sesh. Assuming theres no water spotting (Then a light mahine polish with P1 will sort it or something else "light") then you can just wax over it?

Ive also had water spotting with C1. I dont think much of it TBQH!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think I mentioned something in the past about new C1 being s**t... I see the warning was heeded well... :eek: