ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What % increase in premium after crash

Hello.

I had a crash around a month ago and just wondering what, on average, was the percentage increase in peoples premiums after a crash.

I am currently 22 (was 21 when I took out the premium), have 0 yrs NCB and am paying 1475 fully comp on a mk2 172 at the mo. What do you think I am looking at when its time to renew?

one accident isnt usually a problem, its once you get into the 2nd and 3rd claims that you get ass raped

Erm, pretty. Did £2500 damage on my car and a bit on his (bloody towbar did all the damage on mine), but think hes claiming for whiplash.

Cheers for making me worry even more BTW! I new it was going to be expensive, already had to pay a £550 excess! :(

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Im in a similar situation. My premium renewal is due next month, Im looking at about a 10 - 15% increase over last year when I had 1yrs no claims. Now I have none.

Ok, just done a quick premium calculator on Direct line (who I am woth at the mo), gone up to £1767 (I know its not that accurate at this point in time), not as bad as I thought. Going to go and have a look at tesco.....

I work in insurance and i can advise that premiums normally goes up by 15% if your first FAULT claim. was the accident your fault or someone elses?

Mine mate, went into the back of someone. THe situation was basically that the car I hit had to brak hard for someone in front of him stopping (on a solid white line part of the road), and I went into the back of him.

Therefore my fault. :(