ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what insurance group is the 172 *urgent*

Lee

BMW M2C

I thought they were now adding a letter to the classification too. The 172 being 16D?

Nissan R35 GT-R

I think D is the tax category. All new cars are graded between A and D to show how environmentally friendly they are. A is the best D is the worst.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 03 January 2004

I think D is the tax category. All new cars are graded between A and D to show how environmentally friendly they are. A is the best D is the worst.
Why would tax band be used in insurance?? If your right i stand corrected tho!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

hmmm dont think its the tax reason.

My exisiting Primera is 8E, now as I understand it, the E means "exceeds" group 8, ie not quite group 7 because of a few things that put it into group8.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Jon1978 on 03 January 2004

All 172s are 16 - including the Cup
Pretty sure it was changed to group 17. Which is crazy really... same engine.

E36 323i coupe

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 04 January 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Jon1978 on 03 January 2004All 172s are 16 - including the Cup[/QUOTE]Pretty sure it was changed to group 17. Which is crazy really... same engine.

No - it was group 17, but in 2003, was, for some reason, changed to 16 (according to Renault, when I insured mine). It was a higher group because anything sub 7seconds, above 120mph, with certain safety features (ABS and airbags for eg) lacking used to have to be 17 or above. No idea how they got the group down actually.