ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is a Group N remap?

182 cup
Looking through k tec today and saw the Group N remap. As you know it raises the rev limit and does other stuff but is it woth the cash? I think JMS do it for 135 fitted.

What sort of price is the RS tuner too? and what are the benefits of this?

Cheers

RSTuner is about 140 euros from I think, look on the fastchip website.

Benefits is that you do it yourself, and will have the ability to remap it at any point as you just use a laptop.

You can sometimes get marginally better results via a rolling road map, however as I do not deal with them at all I can't tell you the other advantages. Whether a RR live map is worth x4 of the price on a lightly modified road car is probably debatable. For heavier tuning starting @ Cams it is an essential to really get the best from the money spent on parts and fitting.

Henk's RStuner maps are developed by gathering data and live RR sessions to get the best out of a lightly modified RS clio.

BG182®
Custom live maps would be my prefered choice but the RS Tuner is a great tool if you know how to use it. Its a good price too.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
if the price is right then do it.

depends if you want to take it futher later with other mods!

182 cup
was planning on matched inlets and panel filter for now untill i feel the need for more power. so to keep it on the cheap i didnt really want to go down the RR mapping route

Nothing will ever be as good as a live map, a map made for your mods.

But for the money, the RSTuner is amazing.

Well worth the £150 odd, and for fault reading etc, its an added bonus :)

03 clio 172
I had the Group N remap done by JMS. It made a a difference to the car, smoothed the lumpy idle out and made the car more responsive. The guys there are really helpful and ended up getting their stage 1 and 2 packages done as the prices are spot on and the service is second to none.