ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is the Ancillary drive belt??

Clio DCi 100
A friend bought a new car which said it had a new 'Ancillary drive belt', does that mean cambelt?

Also do they do the tracking in an MOT?

Clio DCi 100
Anyone?

Is it the same as teh cambelt? Also how about the timing belt? are they different names for the same thing?

a thirsty one
yeah aux belt does air con and power steering and no they wont do tracking on an mot im afraid mate.

Lots of Alfas
Its basically a belt from the drive of the engine that turns all the accesories such as air conditioning, powersteering pump, water pump, alternator etc. On most clios it should be changed every 36k or 72k depending on engine.

img0049xl7.jpg

Clio 182 cup
Taking my 182 for the ancillary belt change tomorrow, do you need to take the front bumper and headlight out the change the whole kit.?

was going to ask for the old bits back to see if they change the whole kit.
As it is the dealer im going to, all i want is the stamp in the book.

Lionel Richie
bumper off yes, headlight no, get a complete kit fitted, not just the belt (unless the existing idler and tensioner's condition is good)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
on the subject, how do you do it fred?
if i remove the bolt at the top of the spring will it release tension in a dangerous way?

can u give me a quick idea.
i have the kit all ready to go!

Lionel Richie
ooh you don't want to do that! belt off first (if you're a pikey, cut it off LOL!!!)

then remove the bolts etc