ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is the best GTA game ?

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Just found a box in the garage and found a copy of GTA san andreas, got me thinking what's your favorite GTA?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
GTA 3 for me.

Most will probably say VC or SA though, I dont think many will say 4 was the best though.

1 & 2 were good in their own right, I used to love playing london

Mini Cooper S sport
Vice City!

Can't beat driving down the highway in a Lambo listening to Aneka :D

My favourite game ever.

Goliath I
San Andreas.

It was such a repayable fun game, so much to do and with little quirks that just enhanced fun (finding the huge airliner was awesome!)

Octy VRS
I never played III as I didn't have PS2 at the time so VC was the first after 1&2 and London. Story and music wise VC but SA for purely pissing about. IV was different. I did half of it and got bored. This year I bought it again and completed it plus the DLC. Awesome game. I did miss some of the silliness and planes of SA but there was plenty else to do. Omid Djali was quality in TBOGT.

Probably SA purely for the hours I played it.

Mini Cooper S sport
San Andreas was technically much better than Vice City because it was so much bigger and you could do more, like flying the planes properly, but Vice City was just...cooler.

I loved all the Easter Eggs in Vice City too, like the Scarface scene.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The original for me, played it so much on my old Playstation. But I do love the latest variant, Episodes from Liberty City.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
San Andreas for me as I loved all the messing about in the desert and mountains jumping cars off the top. Gta 4 missed all this being just city.

Swift Sport
GTA 4 lost a bit of the magic, but it's still the best offering until the new one is released. From what I've seen the new one has that bit of something that VC and SA had, and more.

Ibiza SC
SA was brilliant, but the map was too big. Vice City was fantastic, as well as GTA3.

Currently playing through GTA4 at the moment, really enjoying it. I've still got L&D and Gay Tony games to play too, any good?
Kind of sucks that my PC can only handle GTA4 on low-medium graphics, as I would love to install the better graphics mod, ICEnhancer is it?
I do keep thinking about Vice City being re-released using the GTA4 graphics / engine., would be awesome. GTA3 doing the same as well.

My memories of GTA3 are only ever driving anywhere at the beginning in the Banshee that was in the car showroom, and beating up random people with a baseball bat (as back then it was a 'new' thing).

Will be getting a 360 soon, as I am yet to try LA Noire and will anticipate GTA5.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Loved Vice City & San Andreas, but 4 was the best, purely for online multiplayer and better graphics

Ph2 Clio 172
Vice City.

SA was great, but it didn't have the feel that Vice City did. IV is just way to serious. I really hope that 5 goes back to the GTA of old, with RC Helicopters with explosives, and pizza deliveries, and getting rewards for doing things a bit mental. IV was a much bigger and more complete game, but it just wasn't as fun as SA or VC.

And the games should not be compared against each other now, you should compare your enjoyment of them at the time they came out, when the game play and the graphics were right for the time.