ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is the best induction kit for a 182?

RS 182 FF
Looking at putting an induction kit on but unsure of what will sound good and have a positive effect on performance!

What's your favourite for sound??

53 Clio's & counting
Use the search function dude, it's covered all the time and then you will be able to have a read and decide what will be best for you

(And with regqrds to performance, even the best kits only offer a few bhp-nothing noticable, it's more about getting noise but not loosing power like some do lol)

53 Clio's & counting
Example being if you had looked about 5 threads down you would see a thread asking the same question ;)

Welcome btw! :)

FF Clio 182
Was in the same position before, after doing a bit of research most decent induction kits (Not a £40 eBay special piece of crap) offer the same performance as the standard air box. A good setup Is standard box with an ITG panel filter. Renault air box design is a very good setup. Some induction kits actually cause loss of power over standard.

Incase you are wondering I am running a V6 Air box with an ITG filter :)

02 Iceberg 172
I had a BMC CDA on my 172 which was installed by the previous owner - decided I would try a standard airbox with ITG panel filter. Sound is still good but car actually drives miles better - better throttle response and more torque compared to the BMC CDA. So sold that and left the standard airbox/ITG filter on... :)

182 trophy
Bought an itg maxogen kit for mine, expensive but well worth the money! Had a Ktec 1 fitted before and the itg kit is much better! More responsive and pulls much harder through the rev range! Get saving and you won't be disappointed

derv biege barge
I put a k&n panel filter in my standard airbox. You really can feel the extra 30bhp in placebo effect, lol.

clio 172
on my 172 I made my own with a 90degree 70mm elbow and a cone filter sounds nice and made 169.something and 150lb-ft torque :)