ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is the best value exhaust for a 182?

Clio 182 FF
Hi Guys,

On my last service the garage told me my exhaust is beginning to deteriorate so i am beginning to do a little research about stainless steal exhausts.

I don't want to pay through the nose but i am keen to get a decent stainless steal exhaust as i also have an impending MOT. Any suggestions? I have no desire to decat my car if that makes any difference. Seen some people recommend Ktecs and have been looking at Scorpion systems. Id like a little more growl but most interested in a decent good fitting system.

Thanks

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Loads of good second hands ones going.

Or go custom hand built!

Depends on your budget?

Clio 182 FF
Wouldn't want to spend much more than 400 fitted ideally but appreciate this limits options!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Wouldn't want to spend much more than 400 fitted ideally but appreciate this limits options!

For £400 you should be able to get a decent second hand exhaust. I would recommend Prospeed over in Cardiff. They charged me £485 fitted and built to the car and it comes with lifetime guarantee. If you sell the car on, you can transfer the guarantee for £50. It can also be done to what YOU want and is built to YOUR car. I went mid sport note and asked that it wasnt too imposing at 70mph. It sounds good when pootling around, but put the foot down and it shows it means business. The only thing to remember is that one person's good isn't necessarily the same as yours. So what's good for one might not be good for you.

Clio 182 FF
For £400 you should be able to get a decent second hand exhaust. I would recommend Prospeed over in Cardiff. They charged me £485 fitted and built to the car and it comes with lifetime guarantee. If you sell the car on, you can transfer the guarantee for £50. It can also be done to what YOU want and is built to YOUR car. I went mid sport note and asked that it wasnt too imposing at 70mph. It sounds good when pootling around, but put the foot down and it shows it means business. The only thing to remember is that one person's good isn't necessarily the same as yours. So what's good for one might not be good for you.

Hi Don, that seems like a fair price if its fitted too. I have been looking at a second hand Toyosport. Nervous to buy second hand though as i don't want to be replacing it again in a few years.

There are some chaps in Leeds that will build and fit stainless steel exhausts. Not sure what the name of the company is though.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Hi Don, that seems like a fair price if its fitted too. I have been looking at a second hand Toyosport. Nervous to buy second hand though as i don't want to be replacing it again in a few years.

There are some chaps in Leeds that will build and fit stainless steel exhausts. Not sure what the name of the company is though.
Here's mine (couldn't link it before as was on phone...)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?588326-Another-Thumbs-Up-for-Pro-speed&highlight=pro

Clio 182 FF
Thats a nice looking bit of kit. I will try and get in touch with them. MOT on Wednesday am hoping it will pass except for my hazards issue.

Clio 182 FF
They don't work... Tried two new switches, a new fuse, a spare uch but still nothing. Think it might be a wiring issue? Not really too sure what to do about it as i can't get to see the wires all the way down the loom to see whats loose? May try a volt meter to see if there is anything coming up the wire. Bloke who previously owned the car replaced the head unit so i think he may have nudged one of the wires loose. (thats what i am hoping). Any ideas what i might do Don?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
They don't work... Tried two new switches, a new fuse, a spare uch but still nothing. Think it might be a wiring issue? Not really too sure what to do about it as i can't get to see the wires all the way down the loom to see whats loose? May try a volt meter to see if there is anything coming up the wire. Bloke who previously owned the car replaced the head unit so i think he may have nudged one of the wires loose. (thats what i am hoping). Any ideas what i might do Don?

Disconnect head unit and see if that has any bearing. Also...create a thread as someone will have come across the issue before. I haven't personally...so I'm not much help I'm afraid. Would think its wiring or electrical if you've replaced the switch.

Clio 182 FF
Ahh good thinking. I will give that a go and cross my fingers. I have started a thready about it but i seem to have exhausted all the possibilities. I think i need to get a diagnostic run to definitively nail it down. Thanks for your help Don.