ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this 172 worth?

Octavia VRS
Hi all,

I've spotted what looks like a nice Clio 172 Cup for sale. It has 85,000 miles on the clock, the cambelt was done at 80,000, it has 12 months MOT and 6 months Tax. The steering wheel has also been retrimmed and the seller states that the car has recently had discs and pads all round and four new tyres.

The seller is asking for £2700, it seems on the steep side to me, what are your thoughts?

Thanks,

George

RS6 C7
To be honest its not overly priced, Looking around they seem to fetch over 2k for a good example and that looks very tidy!

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
You really won't be able to decide until you go and see a car that's advertised. Be prepared to travel. Also ask the seller first about other things that aren't listed. I've seen five 172 Cups so far and decided not to make an offer. Not right if I say this was one of them or not, you need to decide for yourself as we are all looking for different things.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
well the first thing- he took it to one of the best places to get the belts done-

Id say Private 2.5k is a fair price for mileage being slightly high- ( or rather mileage being average which equates to being quite high)

S

Clio 197
I have mine up at £2,650 and i think this is a good price, prices vary from an online search but there are some shocking adverts out there (not on CS).

Mine has been for sale for a week and had very little interest , the thing is as Rob669 said you need to view and make your mind up from there as the advert will only tell you so much. I have learnt that searching for a new car is rarely a short process!